DX3700 Fault

Old May 2nd 05, 02:59 PM
Ronald Baird

Greetings Spoonix,

I can appreciate your frustration over the malfunction of your camera.

Without a review there is no way to tell what might have happened. So, to
complete this review, it is necessary to get your camera into our service
center, test the camera, dismantle it, check components, evaluate them,
replace any necessary parts, test and calibrate, reassemble, retest, and
return to you. The labor to do this - it can't really be automated - is
where most of the cost is associated. You will note that the cost of repair
for most cameras falls into a similar cost structure with variables based on
which model is involved.

To avoid this cost, Kodak offers a $50 value for your camera that might not
be working, or even if damaged by water or dropping etc. You can use that
value in trade for a newer model.

If you think I can help, Spoonix, let me know.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
I have an elderly Kodak DX3700 that has developed a fault.

Kodak want oodles of money before they'll even look at it. As I only
use it for photographing ebay stuff I'll probably take it apart and
see if anything obvious is amiss.

Photos taken indoors are generally OK-ish. However, if you take a
photo outdoors then the picture apears over exposed.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be at fault? There are no
manual settings for exposure..it's all automatic.

The camera has a light sensor on it and I'll obviously check that out.
However, I'm not sure how the exposure is actually controlled. Do
Kodak cameras generally have an electro-mechanical aperture control
(Which could be stuck?) or is it purely electronic?

Is there anything else that could be amiss?

The fault occured suddenly. I have questioned the wife and she swears
that no-one has dropped it...

sponix