DX6490 vrs. DX7590

Old December 31st 04, 10:37 PM
cqdx

Default DX6490 vrs. DX7590

The DX 6490 is running about $100 less than the DX7590. I'm leaning towards
the DX7590 simply because it's newer and I think it "suppose" to be better
than its predecessor. I would think the major difference would be the 5MP
over the 4MP, but after looking at some sample pics from both I couldn't see
much if any difference in picture quality, but I'm not and expert either.
Could someone with enough experience look at the differences in the two and
give some opinions. Thanks allot. Mitch

Kodak DX6490 vs DX7590 (major differences)
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakdx7590/

Old December 31st 04, 11:28 PM
Mark

"cqdx" wrote in message
The DX 6490 is running about $100 less than the DX7590. I'm leaning

towards
the DX7590 simply because it's newer and I think it "suppose" to be better
than its predecessor. I would think the major difference would be the 5MP
over the 4MP, but after looking at some sample pics from both I couldn't

see
much if any difference in picture quality, but I'm not and expert either.
Could someone with enough experience look at the differences in the two

and
give some opinions. Thanks allot. Mitch

Kodak DX6490 vs DX7590 (major differences)
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakdx7590/

I just got the 7590 yesterday. So far, I'm VERY impressed. I haven't
printed any pix yet, but
I'm sure they'll be fine. When dnld to pc, they're vibrant/beautiful pix.
Much better than
my Canon A20.
I love the zoom, the dock, the HUGE lcd, software is great. the Menus on
back are very user friendly, it holds
good, boxier, but good.
Hope this helps.
Mark
reply here if there are other questions you have. I'll check back
oh and if you buy it before midnite tonite, lol, you get a free 1GB Kodak
card in the mail
HURRY!

Old January 1st 05, 02:18 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"cqdx" wrote in message
The DX 6490 is running about $100 less than the DX7590. I'm leaning

towards
the DX7590 simply because it's newer and I think it "suppose" to be better
than its predecessor. I would think the major difference would be the 5MP
over the 4MP, but after looking at some sample pics from both I couldn't

see
much if any difference in picture quality, but I'm not and expert either.
Could someone with enough experience look at the differences in the two

and
give some opinions. Thanks allot. Mitch

Kodak DX6490 vs DX7590 (major differences)
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakdx7590/

Maybe the main difference is batteries.

Old January 1st 05, 05:11 AM
cqdx

Also, I'm going to be printing mostly 8x10s and resizing to 800 x 600 on my
pc for viewing, I've just always thought the higher the MPs the better the
picture quality. If there is no noticeable difference in clarity and
sharpness of the picture with the sizes I will be working with I just assume
to save $100 and go with the dx6490.

Also, I notice some retail stores are selling these cameras cheaper but
without the EasyShare camera dock 6000. I know I'll need to take the
batteries out and charge them myself without the dock, but is the camera
dock necessary to transfer my pictures to my pc?

Old January 1st 05, 06:36 AM
Mark

"cqdx" wrote in message
The DX 6490 is running about $100 less than the DX7590. I'm leaning

towards
the DX7590 simply because it's newer and I think it "suppose" to be

better
than its predecessor. I would think the major difference would be the

5MP
over the 4MP, but after looking at some sample pics from both I

couldn't
see
much if any difference in picture quality, but I'm not and expert

either.
Could someone with enough experience look at the differences in the

two
and
give some opinions. Thanks allot. Mitch

Kodak DX6490 vs DX7590 (major differences)
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakdx7590/

Maybe the main difference is batteries.

No, it's not necessary, but I tell you I love the dock.

It recharges
It transfers just by pushing one button
and
YOU ALWAYS KNOW WHERE YOUR CAMERA IS!!!
Get the dock, you wont' be sorry.

Old January 1st 05, 09:05 AM
Ron Hunter

"cqdx" wrote in message

The DX 6490 is running about $100 less than the DX7590. I'm leaning

towards

the DX7590 simply because it's newer and I think it "suppose" to be

better

than its predecessor. I would think the major difference would be the

5MP

over the 4MP, but after looking at some sample pics from both I couldn't

see

much if any difference in picture quality, but I'm not and expert

either.

Could someone with enough experience look at the differences in the two

and

give some opinions. Thanks allot. Mitch

Kodak DX6490 vs DX7590 (major differences)
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/kodakdx7590/

Maybe the main difference is batteries.

These cameras use Lithium Ion batteries. You are better off getting the
package with the dock.

--
Ron Hunter

Old January 1st 05, 09:07 AM
Ron Hunter

"cqdx" wrote in message

[...]

My DX6440 came with the dock in the package, but it was several months
before I got around to hooking it up. The only really good thing about
it, over a card reader and charger (both of which I already had) is that
the camera is always ready to go with a fully charged battery. I still
do more transfers through the flash card reader than the dock because
the card reader is much faster.

--
Ron Hunter