dpreview also tries to teach the trolls about ISO/aperture :)

Old September 13th 17, 12:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default dpreview also tries to teach the trolls about ISO/aperture :)

On Sep 13, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 17:18:59 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 12, 2017, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 16:45:55 UTC+1, android wrote:

The Usenet is created for discussions primarily and if you
chose to download crackware from the binary branch.

That's why it's a good idea NOT to post binaries to a discussion only
group,
that way there's no problems expected.
As you say go to a binaries group and you could download something that
wasn't what it seemed.

...and yet there a
alt.binaries.photos.original
and
alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

So.
Do you know how groups are created or how you get them created.

Yes!
....and I am not currently inclined to do that.

Savageduck

Old September 13th 17, 12:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Is this an andriod group , we know it's not an iphone group.
An iphone group is closer to photography than an app that does ASCII art.
We have a new way of producing photos in my lab but it;s not really what I;d
call photogrpahy.

It sure is an android group since I posting in it but not a specific
iPhone, Windows or Android group since it's about digital photography
generally and not aren't exclusive to any device or it's operating
system. It's in the charter which you can find out there on the inter
webs, if not on the Usenet itself...

Soo you asking me about apps for iPhone? Why would I care?
--
teleportation kills
Old September 13th 17, 02:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I don't see ASCII art as something that really belongs in this digital photo
group and I wouldn't want to encourage people to post ASCII art here to any
degree.

Sure it does if it's generated with a camera:

https://asciicam.en.aptoide.com/

Works fine...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 13th 17, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 14:52:19 UTC+1, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

I don't see ASCII art as something that really belongs in this digital
photo
group and I wouldn't want to encourage people to post ASCII art here to
any
degree.

Posting binaries would be out of the question off course. Why do you
suggest that?

Sure it does if it's generated with a camera:

It still shouldn't be posted here as an attachent, or even in line as in
post.

ASCII art are generally rather large prints and sent to a printer as a
file. Don't post that! Post a link...

But there wouldn't be a problem linking to the image.

No... Why would it???

https://asciicam.en.aptoide.com/

Works fine...

It produces ASCII art from a scene, if you call it a photo then that's up to
you, but there;s a reason why they cal it ASCII are rather than a photo or a
sculpture or a painting.

It's a representation of a image... Just like a sickle print! Whether
you would like to disqualify photography in any form from being art then
it's up to you but that would be an opinion only and not shared by many
here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII_art
--
teleportation kills
Old September 13th 17, 05:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 15:35:31 UTC+1, android wrote:

Whisky-dave wrote:

I don't see ASCII art as something that really belongs in this
digital
photo
group and I wouldn't want to encourage people to post ASCII art here
any
degree.

Posting binaries would be out of the question off course. Why do you
suggest that?

I didn't as I know this isn't a binary group or a group were binaries are
allowed.

It's in the charter and bin groups always have a ".bin" in their
hierarchical name like:

alt.mac.bin.req.only, alt.pl.kabaret.bin, alt.pl.muzyka.bin,
alt.pl.muzyka.bin.laden

Sure it does if it's generated with a camera:

It still shouldn't be posted here as an attachent, or even in line as in
post.

ASCII art are generally rather large prints and sent to a printer as a
file. Don't post that! Post a link...

That's fine a link it;s an attachment or an inline post.

A link is not an attachment...

But there wouldn't be a problem linking to the image.

No... Why would it???

There's insn't it's been done here often enough.

Then why the complaining?

https://asciicam.en.aptoide.com/

Works fine...

It produces ASCII art from a scene, if you call it a photo then that's up
you, but there;s a reason why they cal it ASCII are rather than a photo
or a
sculpture or a painting.

It's a representation of a image... Just like a sickle print! Whether
you would like to disqualify photography in any form from being art then
it's up to you but that would be an opinion only and not shared by many
here.

I don't many here would call ASCII art photography.

It is if generated by a camera...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 13th 17, 06:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
snip

Eric Stevens:
Those pixels in the unit area don't
care what is happening in the neighbouring unit
area. All that matters to them is the amount of
light which falls upon them.

Sandman:
They are also not more "sensitive" depending
on your ISO settings. They are fixed. With less total
light, the signal needs to be amplified more to match
the brightness of the film ISO emulation step.

Eric Stevens:
Agreed.

Sandman:
Finally

Eric Stevens:
No, not finally. Not at all while you twist
words the way you have in your reply.

Honesty is the best policy. Yours isn't even the next best.

Sandman:
...said the troll, while still trying to attempt he
has anything to put up against the cold hard facts. Funny
stuff

Eric Stevens:
If you had cold hard facts you wouldn't have to twist words.

Sandman:
Which is why I don't. Go figure

I worked that out some time ago.

Yet here you are trolling against those cold hard facts

--
Sandman
Old September 15th 17, 12:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Wednesday, 13 September 2017 17:25:02 UTC+1, android wrote:

Whisky-dave wrote:

I don't see ASCII art as something that really belongs in this
digital
photo
group and I wouldn't want to encourage people to post ASCII art
here
any
degree.

Posting binaries would be out of the question off course. Why do you
suggest that?

I didn't as I know this isn't a binary group or a group were binaries are
allowed.

It's in the charter and bin groups always have a ".bin" in their
hierarchical name like:

Yes I know so show me where rec.photo.digital has a bin in it .

alt.mac.bin.req.only, alt.pl.kabaret.bin, alt.pl.muzyka.bin,
alt.pl.muzyka.bin.laden

how about alt.bin.and.gone.

How about some basic understanding of logic and Venn diagrams?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...diagram-AB.png

Sure it does if it's generated with a camera:

It still shouldn't be posted here as an attachent, or even in line as
in
post.

ASCII art are generally rather large prints and sent to a printer as a
file. Don't post that! Post a link...

That's fine a link it;s an attachment or an inline post.

A link is not an attachment...

I know. That's why a link is fin and attached binary file or an in-line ASCII
are isn't in this NG. It; snot complicated.

But there wouldn't be a problem linking to the image.

No... Why would it???

There's insn't it's been done here often enough.

Then why the complaining?

I wasn't.

You were just whining then! :-ppp

https://asciicam.en.aptoide.com/

Works fine...

It produces ASCII art from a scene, if you call it a photo then
that's up
you, but there;s a reason why they cal it ASCII are rather than a
photo
or a
sculpture or a painting.

It's a representation of a image... Just like a sickle print! Whether
you would like to disqualify photography in any form from being art
then
it's up to you but that would be an opinion only and not shared by many
here.

I don't many here would call ASCII art photography.

It is if generated by a camera...

But ASCII art isn;t realy generated by a camera the image is then it's
converted to something that is no longer regarded as a photograph.

Why are you finding this so difficult to understand ?

Back to Venn for you... The print tech do not determine if the original
is a photography and/or art.
--
teleportation kills
Old September 15th 17, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 15 September 2017 12:04:05 UTC+1, android wrote:

,
Whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

I have both neither of themn have anything to do with posting images to NGs.

Sure it does if it's generated with a camera:

It still shouldn't be posted here as an attachent, or even in
line as
in
post.

ASCII art are generally rather large prints and sent to a printer
as a
file. Don't post that! Post a link...

That's fine a link it;s an attachment or an inline post.

A link is not an attachment...

I know. That's why a link is fin and attached binary file or an in-line
ASCII
are isn't in this NG. It; snot complicated.

But there wouldn't be a problem linking to the image.

No... Why would it???

There's insn't it's been done here often enough.

Then why the complaining?

I wasn't.

You were just whining then! :-ppp

No you just got it wrong again that's all.

More whining and complaints... The doggei barks at the wrong tree. No
wonder the british public is so desperate about their public school
system that they need a parallel one is desperate even for rather
ordinary people that don't need the extra seclusion and security that
private schooling offers!

[...]

which is as about as relivant as pie charts.

You obviously don't understand either.

The print tech do not determine if the original
is a photography and/or art.

irrelivant to whether or not they are allowed in a particular NG depends on
the charter NOT a venn diagram.

You missed the question again. Read the above...
--
teleportation kills
Old September 15th 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2017-09-15 15:30:32 +0200, android said:

Whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

Just FYI:

http://dilbert.com/strip/2015-02-15
--
teleportation kills

Old September 15th 17, 03:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android