One Last HDR For This Test Before I Buy

Old March 6th 15, 04:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default One Last HDR For This Test Before I Buy

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

Savageduck

Old March 6th 15, 05:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Savageduck:

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

Good pic, a little dark in the blues and blacks, IMO.

The problem with that pic is me. I'm tired of, in no particular order,
- photos without descriptive file names.
- photos of automobiles.
- photos of airplanes.
- photos of trains.
- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old March 6th 15, 05:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-06 05:02:45 +0000, Davoud said:

Savageduck:

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

Good pic, a little dark in the blues and blacks, IMO.

The problem with that pic is me. I'm tired of, in no particular order,
- photos without descriptive file names.

Sometimes coming up with a descriptive file name can be a royal PIA,
but for you I will name that photo "Fred".

It is better described as I did above, the Formula 1 Eagle, designed
and driven by Dan Gurney in 1967 to a win the Spa F-1 Gran Prix. That
made it the only USA designed & built F-1 racer to win in the post WWII
era.
It is powered by the Gurney-Westlake V-12. A very pretty engine. I like
pretty engines.

- photos of automobiles.

While technically an automobile, it is somewhat unique and special.
....and I actually like to shoot automobiles, so you will probably see
more of those from me from time-to-time.

- photos of airplanes.

I have a particular fondness for airplanes, and I like the challenge of
shooting them in the wild, so one of my captures might slip in here
occasionally.

- photos of trains.

What did trains ever do to you?

- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

I am not a lover of cats, but the bigger ones can be interesting.
http://adobe.ly/1ESiebK

That particular one I photographed on a trip to South Africa.

Savageduck

Old March 6th 15, 06:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 21:36:42 -0800, Savageduck

On 2015-03-06 05:02:45 +0000, Davoud said:
The problem with that pic is me. I'm tired of, in no particular order,
- photos without descriptive file names.

It is better described as I did above, the Formula 1 Eagle, designed
and driven by Dan Gurney in 1967 to a win the Spa F-1 Gran Prix. That
made it the only USA designed & built F-1 racer to win in the post WWII
era.
It is powered by the Gurney-Westlake V-12. A very pretty engine. I like
pretty engines.

Okay, that's a long file name. Two paragraphs, in fact. I don't think
that's allowed.
Old March 6th 15, 06:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-03-06 05:02:45 +0000, Davoud said:

Savageduck:

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

Good pic, a little dark in the blues and blacks, IMO.

The problem with that pic is me. I'm tired of, in no particular order,
- photos without descriptive file names.

Sometimes coming up with a descriptive file name can be a royal PIA,
but for you I will name that photo "Fred".

As far as I'm concerned, the only requirement for an image file name
is that the name be something that allows the owner of the image to
find the image or identify the image in some way. What it means to
other people is completely irrelevant.

If the owner has some other system in place that allows him/her to
find the image or identify the image, then the file name is either
less important or of no importance.

I use a date system. Any photo taken today will be named
2015-03-06-##. For my hobby images, they can be located using the
Lightroom keyword associated with the image. For family images, date
order is sufficient. I use two separate LR catalogs; one for hobby
and one for family.

- photos of automobiles.

I don't photograph new automobiles or race cars. Old automobiles,
yes...and an enthusiastic "Yes!".

- photos of airplanes.

I took photos at one air show. I have no interest in going to another
one. A camera club I belong to is having a field trip to the New
Smyrna Beach Balloon and Skyfest. I'll find something else to do that
day. http://www.balloonandskyfest.com/

- photos of trains.

Depends. Just a train...maybe not. Something interesting with a
train in the image...sure.

- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

Again, just a cat...probably not. A cat in an image with something
else going on...yes.

I haven't opened a single link to the HDR images in this thread. No
interest. If the scene is good enough, adding gimmickry in post isn't
needed.

Your particular bias is showing Tony. Just looking isn't going to blind
you. Perhaps bore you. Anyway reconsider and take a look, you might be
surprised. After all we aren't getting too many images of any type here
these days, just flamewars, and griping, not much actual photography.

But...I completely understand and accept the interest of others in all
the types of photography that don't interest me personally. I know I
do photographs of subject matter that doesn't interest others.

Savageduck

Old March 6th 15, 07:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Savageduck wrote:

Davoud:
- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

I am not a lover of cats, but the bigger ones can be interesting.
http://adobe.ly/1ESiebK

Cheetah's are my favorite cat of all time, lovely pic!

--
Sandman
Old March 6th 15, 07:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Andreas Skitsnack wrote:

Davoud:
- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

Again, just a cat...probably not. A cat in an image with something
else going on...yes.

I haven't opened a single link to the HDR images in this thread. No
interest. If the scene is good enough, adding gimmickry in post
isn't needed.

Huh...

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-FMxV3Wt/0/X2/2014-01-31-09-X2.jpg
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-4p7DqWQ/0/X2/2014-02-01-5B-X2.jpg
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-m42KkMh/0/X2/2013-11-07-40-X2.jpg
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Current-Shots/i-k4qCWxD/0/O/2013-02-04-29D.jpg

--
Sandman
Old March 6th 15, 07:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Thu, 5 Mar 2015 20:37:56 -0800, Savageduck
wrote:

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

I never before realised that that was an HDR!

I like the colour of the exhaust pipes. I wonder what they are made
of?

Eric Stevens
Old March 6th 15, 08:01 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Fri, 06 Mar 2015 00:02:45 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Savageduck:

I thought I would rework one of my favorite HDR renderings with HDR
Express 3, the V-12 Gurney-Westlake F-1, 1967 Spa GP winner, driven by
Dan Gurney.
http://adobe.ly/1DZm4hs

Good pic, a little dark in the blues and blacks, IMO.

The problem with that pic is me. I'm tired of, in no particular order,
- photos without descriptive file names.
- photos of automobiles.
- photos of airplanes.
- photos of trains.
- photos of cats. So tired of cats I could puke up a hairball.

Just to work you up gradually, here is a small cat
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/DSC00014.JPG

Once you have got used to that, here is a slightly larger cat
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...R--7500169.jpg

Eric Stevens
Old March 6th 15, 08:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On 2015-03-06 05:02:45 +0000, Davoud said:

Savageduck:

[...]

I've got one of those :-)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31088803/LR---2.jpg

Taken from the deck outside my bedroom. I even had my pyjamas on.

Test Helge 35mm Equipment for Sale 0 February 23rd 08 04:26 PM
Please help me test it. Doug Jones Digital Photography 0 October 5th 07 05:41 AM
Digital camera review on long term test (and torture test) [email protected] Digital Photography 5 May 25th 07 08:11 PM
Digital camera review on long term test (and torture test) [email protected] Other Photographic Equipment 5 May 25th 07 08:11 PM
Test "Test too small", ?? [email protected] Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 0 June 28th 05 07:27 AM