Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ovywfuju

Old November 9th 04, 01:56 PM
Bernard Joli

Default Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! _____________ovywfuju

Hello,

Personnaly i'm French and i would not be confident with electronic or mail
voting.

Here only paper ballot is allowed and every citizen of a city can watch the box
that contain the ballots from the opening until to the counting.

I think electronic voting is dangerous for democracy. I don't know if the vote
in the USA was falsified and i think we never know. Every one here know how It's
easy and steal to fake a software.

That's said. USA election is their stuff even if most of foreigners were for the
challenger thats is their decision.

Irak war affair against terrorism was however a such huge joke that most of
people around the world doesn't understand why Pr Bush was reelected. But maybe
the badest news for 35mm users is that without Kyoto agreement it's gonna be
difficult to take snapshots under salted water and hurricanes (from this point
of view maybe Florida citizen should surely choose another candidate).

Regards.

Old November 9th 04, 06:37 PM
Gregory W Blank

Bernard Joli wrote:

Hello,

Personnaly i'm French and i would not be confident with electronic or mail
voting.

If your in rec darkroom can you stop cross posting!!!!

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old November 10th 04, 05:01 AM
William Graham

"Bernard Joli" wrote in message

Hello,

Personnaly i'm French and i would not be confident with electronic or mail
voting.

Here only paper ballot is allowed and every citizen of a city can watch
the box
that contain the ballots from the opening until to the counting.

But how do they know whether the people doing the counting are honest? - Can
every citizen also count the votes himself? - do you have secret ballots, or
is every citizen's vote a matter of public record? Who does the counting? -
Do you elect the counters? If not, then how are they chosen? -
It is not a simple problem, you see, and it is wrong for you to imply
that our system is somehow open for misuse unless you can explain some
better method and prove that your method is really better.

Old November 10th 04, 08:24 AM
Bernard Joli

William Graham wrote:

But how do they know whether the people doing the counting are honest? - Can
every citizen also count the votes himself? - do you have secret ballots, or
is every citizen's vote a matter of public record? Who does the counting? -
Do you elect the counters? If not, then how are they chosen? -
It is not a simple problem, you see, and it is wrong for you to imply
that our system is somehow open for misuse unless you can explain some
better method and prove that your method is really better.

A random person in the room (you can be volonteer to be choosen) opens each
ballot and show it to everyone in the public room. There is a near public big
blackboard to count each count once. You can be as close to the
opener/blackboard as you want. The box is transparency. Sorry but you can see
the ballot and the box/counting as you can do it yourself. I think it's really
secure compared to an electronic (complex) machine.Ballots are secret. Tricking
even if it is never impossible is really easier with complex system like
electronic (black) boxes. Just my opinion.

Old November 10th 04, 01:46 PM
The Wogster

William Graham wrote:
"Bernard Joli" wrote in message

Hello,

Personnaly i'm French and i would not be confident with electronic or mail
voting.

Here only paper ballot is allowed and every citizen of a city can watch
the box
that contain the ballots from the opening until to the counting.

But how do they know whether the people doing the counting are honest? - Can
every citizen also count the votes himself? - do you have secret ballots, or
is every citizen's vote a matter of public record? Who does the counting? -
Do you elect the counters? If not, then how are they chosen? -
It is not a simple problem, you see, and it is wrong for you to imply
that our system is somehow open for misuse unless you can explain some
better method and prove that your method is really better.

In Canada, every party who has a candidate in the riding (electoral
district), has the right to have an observer of the ballot counting
process, yes they can view the ballots, and all must agree to what the
ballot is trying to say. When agreement can not be made, then there is
a problem with the ballot, and it can be declared a spoiled (ruined)
ballot and it is not counted. We have a different perception here, if
the voter is too stupid to mark their ballot properly they they don't
deserve to be counted.

Old November 10th 04, 10:32 PM
Ricardo Morte

[...]

That's not a different perception than here in the US.

rm

Old November 11th 04, 01:35 AM
Grainne Gillespie

I think electronic voting is dangerous for democracy. I don't know if the
vote
in the USA was falsified and i think we never know. Every one here know

how It's
easy and steal to fake a software.

There are rumours that the electronic voting system was hacked in W's favour

Old November 11th 04, 04:06 AM
The Wogster

Ricardo Morte wrote:
[...]

The voting instructions should be printed large and hung on the wall,
where you get your ballot, just as they are here (and always have been).
Again, if your too stupid to follow those instructions, then maybe
your too stupid to vote too. BTW I live in a Jewish Neighbourhood, the
instructions are in English, French and Hebrew. Although ballots are
only in English and French.