[Very OT] I want to download a file...

Old October 16th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bim_bom

Default [Very OT] I want to download a file...

I want to download a file from http://www.sendspace.com/file/kdm7pb , but
here in Poland there are very little slots available (I tried opening this
page 100 times at different hour, and it always shows "There are no free
download slots available"). I tried setting a proxy and it showed a link to
download, but this link didn't work (maybe HTTP proxy works only for HTML
files, not for other files). So probably it isn't a problem to download it
from the US...

I am asking you, if you would be able to download this file and put it on
rapidshare.de on your ftp or http server. It is very important for me, I
have lost about an hour for it.

Of course it is OT, I tried to find a popular NG to write to (I ddin't want
to write to many newsgroups). But it is little on-topic - there are photos
in this file

This file is 93 MB big...

Thank you in advance.

Old October 16th 06, 07:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
chrisu

bim_bom wrote:
[...]

yeah right

--
1976 Z900, 1980 Z1R, 1973 Beamish suzuki, 1976 GT250, 2000 ZRX1200
Old October 16th 06, 07:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bim_bom

Uzytkownik "chrisu" napisal w wiadomosci

yeah right

???

Old October 17th 06, 12:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:47:13 +0200, "bim_bom" wrote:

Uzytkownik "chrisu" napisal w wiadomosci

yeah right

???

It might help if you provided some sort of idea of what the file is,
and why you can't get up at 3:00am to D/L it if it's so important.
Or why you can't spend six bucks if it's really important.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old October 17th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DubDriver

"bim_bom" wrote in message
[...]

You can now download it from here
http://www.aupz66.dsl.pipex.com/Dzien Chujowego Swetra v2.o.rar

Old October 17th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DubDriver

"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:47:13 +0200, "bim_bom" wrote:

Uzytkownik "chrisu" napisal w
wiadomosci
.. .

yeah right

???

It might help if you provided some sort of idea of what the file is,
and why you can't get up at 3:00am to D/L it if it's so important.
Or why you can't spend six bucks if it's really important.
--
Bill Funk

You don't need to know any of this just to help the guy out.

Old October 17th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
l v

DubDriver wrote:
"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:47:13 +0200, "bim_bom" wrote:

Uzytkownik "chrisu" napisal w
wiadomosci

yeah right
???

It might help if you provided some sort of idea of what the file is,
and why you can't get up at 3:00am to D/L it if it's so important.
Or why you can't spend six bucks if it's really important.
--
Bill Funk

You don't need to know any of this just to help the guy out.

That depends on how willing someone is to download and host unknown
questionable content, i.e. illegal software, porn, export of
cryptography, a virus, a worm, etc.

Just speaking for myself -- I'd prefer not to spend 10 - 15 years in prison.

--

Len
Old October 17th 06, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DubDriver

"l v" wrote in message
DubDriver wrote:
"Bill Funk" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:47:13 +0200, "bim_bom" wrote:

Uzytkownik "chrisu" napisal w
wiadomosci

yeah right
???

It might help if you provided some sort of idea of what the file is,
and why you can't get up at 3:00am to D/L it if it's so important.
Or why you can't spend six bucks if it's really important.
--
Bill Funk

You don't need to know any of this just to help the guy out.

That depends on how willing someone is to download and host unknown
questionable content, i.e. illegal software, porn, export of cryptography,
a virus, a worm, etc.

Just speaking for myself -- I'd prefer not to spend 10 - 15 years in
prison.

Well I didn't point the finger at you but you chose to spend your energy
explaining why you didn't help rather than just get on and do it, fair
enough it's what I've come to expect these days ... FYI It's a RAR file
which isn't "questionable" once one has put ones self out to help, download
it, examined the contents before uploading elsewhere. Simply unpacking a
RAR file can't infect a PC, once done it is clear by viewing the contents of
the folder that it only contains jpg files, pictures of what look like his
Polish student mates wearing rather jazzy knitwear, but If it were anything
illegal one could have simply deleted it without further action.

Old October 17th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
l v

DubDriver wrote:
"l v" wrote in message
DubDriver wrote:
"Bill Funk" wrote in message
[...]

I put my energy into explaining so the OP could improve on their posting
skills. If the OP put a little bit of energy into explaining what the
file was, I might have put the effort *and money* into downloading and
uploading a 93 mb file. You pay by the MB when using a high speed
satellite connection.

--

Len
Old October 17th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bim_bom

Użytkownik "DubDriver" napisał w wiadomo¶ci

You can now download it from here
http://www.aupz66.dsl.pipex.com/Dzien Chujowego Swetra v2.o.rar

Thank you very much!
As I have written before - it is not warez or porn - only "normal" photos.
In Poland, "six bucks" isn't the same, as "six bucks" in the USA

Once again, thank you.