RZ back question

Old July 15th 04, 01:30 AM
WMcga66339

Default RZ back question

I have a RZ67 pro that came with the 120 back,,,I recently aquired an other 120
back,,that also is marked 645,, I am not sure what this means it still has the
RZ 67 pro and 120 markings also. thanks in advance

wnm
Old July 15th 04, 02:07 AM
Mike

"WMcga66339" wrote in message
I have a RZ67 pro that came with the 120 back,,,I recently aquired an

other 120
back,,that also is marked 645,, I am not sure what this means it still

has the
RZ 67 pro and 120 markings also. thanks in advance

wnm

Means the exposure area on the neg will be 6x4.5cm

Old July 15th 04, 02:33 AM
WMcga66339

Oh i see so rather than 6X7 mm then
should i somehow mask the view screen also?

Again thank you for all the info
wnm
Old July 15th 04, 02:41 AM
Robert C.

"WMcga66339" wrote in message
Oh i see so rather than 6X7 mm then
should i somehow mask the view screen also?

Again thank you for all the info
wnm

Usually the 645 back includes a mask to be used with the RB / RZ cameras.
You can "paint" reference lines on your view screen, or make a mask so you
will know where on the screen the film area is.

Old July 15th 04, 02:54 AM
Balderdash

Yes - a viewfinder mask came packaged with these on original sales... you
might want to contact MAC and find out if they have one for sale
separately... of course Mamiya America will probably want too much for it
and you might be better off cutting your own from thin opaque sheet plastic
(PIA - buy one if you can find it.)

Jim W.

"WMcga66339" wrote in message
Oh i see so rather than 6X7 mm then
should i somehow mask the view screen also?

Again thank you for all the info
wnm

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old July 15th 04, 03:13 AM
dadiOH

Mike wrote:
"WMcga66339" wrote in message
I have a RZ67 pro that came with the 120 back,,,I recently aquired
an other 120 back,,that also is marked 645,, I am not sure what
this means it still has the RZ 67 pro and 120 markings also.
thanks in advance

wnm

Means the exposure area on the neg will be 6x4.5cm

....so put a mask on your ground glass.

This shape but correct size...
__ ____
__| |__ __
|__ __| __4.5 6.0
|__| ____

I always found it a good idea to paint the back with white paint...just an
area corresponding to neg size - as a quick visual reminder of the frame
orientation.

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...

Old July 15th 04, 05:48 AM
WMcga66339

Thanks all,,,,,cant tell you how much this board has helped,,,,,thanks again