Photo Printer Suggestions?

Old October 6th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios[_3_]

Default Photo Printer Suggestions?

? "Helen" ?????? ??? ??????
I needed to downsize the contents of my home, so I decided to sell
things I have no use for. I made a tidy sum of approximately $600.
I'm looking for a good photo printer. I'll be honest, I know nothing
about them, so I decided to ask the pros on the groups before I go
into a photo shop and be at the mercy of some salesperson. Thanks for
your help.

I have the Canon Pixma iP4300 (current model is I think iP4500) and am very
pleased with it. It cost around 130 euros, it has 5 tanks
(cyan,magenta,yellow, photo black and document black). It prints 4X5" photos
in cost comparable to photo labs (I get a packet of genuine Canon "Everyday"
use glossy paper 100 sheets 4X5" for 10 euros;add maybe another 10 cents pro
photo for ink costs, and that makes it roughly 20 euro cents pro photo. Ink
costs 12 euros pro tank, and has 13 ml (the document ink is 26ml). I printed
200 photos of my niece's baptise and had to change (all but black)inks only
once. It can also print documents on both sides, automatically (the printer
flips them over by itself), it has a permanent paper cartridge for A4
(letter), it can also print printable cds and dvds. The largest print size
is A4 (letter). It has the smallest droplet in its category, and is
therefore very economic with ink.

HTH,

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios