why did a picture i took

Old April 1st 05, 08:52 AM
burt

Default why did a picture i took

I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

Old April 1st 05, 11:05 AM
Bas v.d. Wiel

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:52:43 +0000, burt wrote:

I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

What exactly do you mean by 'blew up'? Can we see the picture?
Old April 1st 05, 11:05 AM
Bas v.d. Wiel

Old April 1st 05, 01:50 PM
Joseph Meehan

burt wrote:
I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

You used flash.

Cat's eyes are even more sensitive to "red eye" than people. The light
from your flash reflected off the back of the cat's eyes and that caused the
effect you see.

Best bet it to no use an on camera flash. Move the flash far from the
lens so the reflection will not shine back into the camera.

With people you generally can greatly reduce the effect after the fact
using software to edit the red eyes. Cats are so sensitive to this that
often the glare is so bad it is not possible to do this.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old April 1st 05, 02:24 PM
Owamanga

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 12:05:02 +0200, "Bas v.d. Wiel"
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:52:43 +0000, burt wrote:

I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

What exactly do you mean by 'blew up'? Can we see the picture?

BANG!

Nasty.

Not many uses for a blind cat, except to shake violently and then
throw at someone you don't like.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga
Old April 1st 05, 04:07 PM
Ron Hunter

Joseph Meehan wrote:
burt wrote:

I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

You used flash.

Cat's eyes are even more sensitive to "red eye" than people. The light
from your flash reflected off the back of the cat's eyes and that caused the
effect you see.

Best bet it to no use an on camera flash. Move the flash far from the
lens so the reflection will not shine back into the camera.

With people you generally can greatly reduce the effect after the fact
using software to edit the red eyes. Cats are so sensitive to this that
often the glare is so bad it is not possible to do this.

Taking a picture of a cat with ANY flash is likely to cause the problem.
Best bet is available light. But then I am somewhat of a fanatic
about available light... I like pictures to look like what I SAW, not
what the flash illuminated excessively.

--
Ron Hunter

Old April 1st 05, 05:49 PM
Larry

In article , Owamanga says...
wrote:

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 07:52:43 +0000, burt wrote:

I took a picture of a cat and her eyes blew up with my digital camera?

What exactly do you mean by 'blew up'? Can we see the picture?

BANG!

Nasty.

Not many uses for a blind cat, except to shake violently and then
throw at someone you don't like.

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

First you must wash it (blood you know) then dry it for 3 minutes in a
microwave.

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.