OT Bush wins ... Dims lose ...America wins...

Old July 7th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Default OT Bush wins ... Dims lose ...America wins...

Thomas wrote:
"Matt Clara" wrote in message

Wire tapping without a warrant is illegal. If the Attorney General won't
bring charges, what recourse do Americans have to force the President of
the United States to obey the law?

Tell stupid people to shut the hell up and worry more about Arab terrorists.

And who will protect the United States from Bush and Cheney?

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 7th 07, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Thomas wrote:
"Charlie Self" wrote in message
There you go. Pay so much attention to an outside threat that the far
more dangerous internal threat gets ignored. Have a neo-con over for
dinner: it might be possible to educate him or her.

It has been a while since someone other than Arab terrorists killed 3000
Americans in an attack.

There's the 3,600 Americans killed by Bush in the war.

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 7th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Ray Fischer

Peter A. Stavrakoglou wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
Scott in Florida wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/...omestic_spying

The America I love and respect lost. Sorry to hear your vision of
American involves treating others in a way we should never allow our
citizens to be treated. It also hints that even our citizens may be
striped of their rights if one man things so.

I'm not going to say that I agree with all aspects of so-called "domestic
spying" but a good yardstick of what is sensible is to see what the ACLU
stands for and then go in the other direction.

Why do you hate liberty and the US Constitution?

--
Ray Fischer

Old July 7th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Nevermind

Thomas ) writes:

Why is it that the non thinking liberals all believe they are smarter than
most people and should therefore make decisions for everyone. Asshole.

Why is it that blithering idiots like you always fall back on labeling
people "liberals" who aren't even close to being liberals, and then use
the labels in place of any kind of reasonable or intelligent argument?

You just keep on cowering and shivering in the corner, unable to sleep,
for fear of your "Arab terrorists" -- but leave the rest of us to keep
on being Americans, okay?
Old July 7th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frank

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:45:21 -0600, Thomas wrote:

"Nevermind" wrote in message
Thomas ) writes:

It has been a while since someone other than Arab terrorists killed 3000
Americans in an attack.

That's it -- run screaming in terror away from someone who is powerless
against this country, into the waiting arms of its greatest enemy. It's
sad how easily they manipulate you.

I suppose it's your business if you would rather destroy this country
than take a miniscule risk of being killed for it -- but you don't
deserve to call yourself American.

An idiot like you gets to decide who gets to be called an American. Great.
Why is it that the non thinking liberals all believe they are smarter than
most people and should therefore make decisions for everyone. Asshole.

Thomas,

I have no idea what most liberals think about their relative intelligence,
but I can tell you that at least one conservative believes the damage done
to our country by ALL acts of terrorism combined is eclipsed by the acts
of this maladministration.

How on earth can you believe otherwise?

We could have picked ourselves up after the horror of 9/11 and resolved to
not let the attackers accomplish a single additional objective.

Those monsters could not have dreamed of the magnitude of damage done by
their plans - two towering icons of American prosperity falling
to the ground, but...how many of their wildest dreams came true as a
result of the ideological "calculations" of Rove, Wolfowitz,
Rumsfeld, Cheny, and to a lesser extent Bush, and their manipulations of
congress and the American people they were supposed to serve?

What is your assumption about the beliefs, ethics, and intelligence of
neo-cons?

Frank
Old July 7th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Jul 6, 12:32 pm, Scott in Florida
wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/ap_on_re_us/domestic_spying

--
Scott in Florida

There ought to be one day-- just one--
when there is open season on senators.

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Democrats are too in love with the envirokook intiative of stopping
the non-existent problem of global warming. These same envirokooks
made it impossible to mfg. certain high-end optical glasses in the
U.S. and sent if off to Europe who in-turn banned their mfg. and sent
production to Asia. If you'd like to have WAY less money to buy
cameras and have THEM decide what kind of transportation you can buy
or use, how high you can turn your air conditioner up, then elect
democrats.

Old July 8th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
ASAAR

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 15:59:23 -0700, RichA slobbered:

Democrats are too in love with the envirokook intiative of stopping
the non-existent problem of global warming. These same envirokooks
made it impossible to mfg. certain high-end optical glasses in the
U.S. and sent if off to Europe who in-turn banned their mfg. and sent
production to Asia. If you'd like to have WAY less money to buy
cameras and have THEM decide what kind of transportation you can buy
or use, how high you can turn your air conditioner up, then elect
democrats.

Good grief. I thought that you were merely annoying, but it turns
out that you're also hard to distinguish from a knee-jerk moron.

Old July 8th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that David Ruether claimed:

Or, another way of looking at this (for the moment...) is, would
you rather lose perhaps a few hundred people out of 300 million
to terrorist attacks (horrible and senseless as they may be) every
year or so, or would you rather lose many (or most) of your basic
rights (think about what that really means, and the consequences,
before you answer!). I prefer to keep my freedom, with a careful
and enforced set of laws in place to deal with terrorism that do
not go against laws that supercede them but are ignored...

Is this a good time to pull out the Benjamin Franklin quote?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"From birth through death and renewal, you must put aside old things,
old fears, old lives. This is your death, the death of flesh, the
death of pain, the death of yesterday. Taste of it and be not afraid
for I am with you to the end of time. Taste of it. And so it begins."
(Amb. Delenn's Religious Ceremony, B5 "The Parliament of Dreams")
Old July 8th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

Scott in Florida wrote:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070706/...omestic_spying

The America I love and respect lost. Sorry to hear your vision of
American involves treating others in a way we should never allow our
citizens to be treated. It also hints that even our citizens may be
striped of their rights if one man things so.
--
Joseph Meehan

I'm not going to say that I agree with all aspects of so-called "domestic
spying" but a good yardstick of what is sensible is to see what the ACLU
stands for and then go in the other direction.

What the ACLU, or, "American Civil Liberties Union, "stands for"
is the protection of our rights as citizens of the US as enumerated
in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, regardless of the popularity
(*or lack thereof*) of the particulars of the law cases they engage in.
It is sad that the right wing folks have succeeded in smearing such
an important institution in our society (one that works tirelessly to
maintain our benefits for all of our citizens) to the point that many
consider the ACLU the enemy. IT ISN'T!!! Don't be suckered by
the incessant propaganda from the right against the ACLU, lest this
propaganda becomes even more effective against the ACLU,
resulting in more of our basic American citizenship rights slipping
away. BTW, I consider the ACLU so important that on my tiny
income, I feel it necessary to contribute far more to it than to any
other organization. If we can stave off creeping totalitarianism now,
we may not need to fight a very difficult (in this technical age)
revolution later. Already, "Big Brother" has reared his ugly head
too high...

Rather, it's sad that the left wing folks have convinced people that the
ACLU is something other than a far-left organization with an agenda. Don't
be suckered by the incessant propoganda of the left in favor of the ACLU.
It will be a wlecome day when they are no longer an influence.

Or, another way of looking at this (for the moment...) is, would
you rather lose perhaps a few hundred people out of 300 million
to terrorist attacks (horrible and senseless as they may be) every
year or so, or would you rather lose many (or most) of your basic
rights (think about what that really means, and the consequences,
before you answer!). I prefer to keep my freedom, with a careful
and enforced set of laws in place to deal with terrorism that do
not go against laws that supercede them but are ignored...

I would rather not lose a few hundred but instead lose the ACLU.

Old July 8th 07, 03:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jeffrey Kaplan

It is alleged that Thomas claimed:

There you go. Pay so much attention to an outside threat that the far
more dangerous internal threat gets ignored. Have a neo-con over for
dinner: it might be possible to educate him or her.

It has been a while since someone other than Arab terrorists killed 3000
Americans in an attack.

And how many attacks have been actually executed or seriously planned?
How many prior to BushII's invasion of Iraq vs before?

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org

"Win, lose or draw, this thing's going to know it was in a fight." (Mr.
Garibaldi, B5 "Infection")