Taking advantage of the winter

Old August 27th 10, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
mmyvusenet[_2_]

Default Taking advantage of the winter

Hello:

This week I took these photos in the Historical Center of Lima.

This is about the conqueror of the Inca Empire, arriving at the Rima River
Valley (Lima):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4927698607/

I also always found it interesting, those recreational activities that have
these pigeons in front of the Monastery of San Francisco:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4927706421/

And this is a view of the Monastery of San Francisco from the Park of the
Wall:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4927715841/

Thanks for your comments.

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

Old August 27th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
BFD

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:21:43 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
wrote:

Hello:

Sorry. No snow = No winter.

Just because the sun might be hovering nearer the Tropic of Capricorn does
not a "winter" make, no matter what anyone says.

Just how would the phrase "now is the winter of our discontent" be read if
winter meant just 3 degrees different than the rest of your "discontent".
That's not a "winter" of discontent, that's not even being mildly bemused,
not even a detectable smile nor raising of one eyebrow. You need bitter ice
and snow for that change in discontent to matter.

When coming out of the Everglades in FL one Dec. to get supplies to
continue living in the 'glades for another few months; dressed in shorts
and t-shirt, barefoot most of the time; there was a preponderance of
"holiday" decorations everywhere. "Okay," I said, "they can have the deer,
I've seen some deer in the 'glades; they can have the Santa sweating to
death in his furry togs, considering those silly Floridians bundle up in
snowmobile suits whenever the temps drop to a 'bitter' 65º F. (**** that
was funny to see that, I walk to my mailbox football-fields-away while
barefoot in 2-3 ft. of snow most winters); they can have the fake
evergreens, there are some conifers in that state after all; they can even
have those colored lights outlining the palms ... but those inflatable
snowmen have GOT TO GO!" I was loading up my wrist-rocket slingshot (that I
modified for bow-fishing, worked great for that, will drive an arrow 1.5"
deep into a palm) but my photo-trekking buddy talked me out of plinking
holes in all the inflatable snowmen I saw everywhere. I still think it was
a good idea to deflate them all. Just for the sake of removing one more
little iota of total absurdity from humanity, if nothing else.

There will be that "final straw" of absurdity that will collapse
civilization one day. I believe those inflatable snowmen in Florida will
play a part in that straw. By not putting holes in all of them I've only
hastened humanity's demise. Perhaps this will be a good thing. Humanity's
absurdity has already gone far beyond avalanche-ripe conditions. Why try to
dissuade or evade the now overwhelmingly inevitable.

Oh, was I supposed to go look at some snapshots or something? Nah, played
that game before. It was always a total waste of time with this poster. I'm
allergic to the always-absurd.

Old August 28th 10, 03:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:53:03 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:45*pm, BFD wrote:

There will be that "final straw" of absurdity that will collapse
civilization one day. I believe those inflatable snowmen in Florida will
play a part in that straw. By not putting holes in all of them I've only
hastened humanity's demise. Perhaps this will be a good thing. Humanity's
absurdity has already gone far beyond avalanche-ripe conditions. Why try to
dissuade or evade the now overwhelmingly inevitable.

You took the Brown Acid before that warning, didn't you.

Such a shame.

Now this is funny. I just remembered a photo I had.

You pathetic and useless basement-living ****s always want to doubt what I
say about my photo-trekking adventures and all I've done.

Suck on this photo that was taken while I was testing for arrow-point
penetration in cabbage-palms (in "winter", to stay on-topic) ...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4934802682_5079fdcb0a_z.jpg

Arrow-rest with fletching-groove from a sturdy coat-hanger. Clips on and
off for easy conversion to standard (collapsible) wrist-rocket.
Retrieval-line spool made from a tobacco canister (large outside
line-holder), spreadable-margarine tin (blue conical line-feed spool for
even line play-out), and several metal end-caps from frozen-juice
containers as large washers to hold the them properly spaced (not seen,
inside spool-assembly). It started out as an easy way to get a line over
high-limbs to bring down precariously leaning trees by myself, near
buildings on my lands with come-alongs and steel cables. (No arrow then,
just a fishing-sinker on the end of the line.) A little arrow-rest added to
the wrist-rocket's functions. This "Archery-Rocket" bow-fishing idea of
mine inspired from the Hawaiian Slings I used to use for spear-fishing on
coral reefs where I lived off the land (and ocean) on a South Pacific
island for a few years.

Photo taken by a bear-hunter guide buddy who was impressed with how well my
little invention worked for bow-fishing. He had to have a photo.

Enjoy your mommies' basements you useless troll ****s. Believe it or not,
but SOME people actually live exciting, fun, and amazingly interesting
lives.

LOL!

Old August 29th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tim Conway[_2_]

wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:45 pm, BFD wrote:

[...]

Why must you take it out on us that you never got the recognition and praise
that you thought you deserved?

Old August 29th 10, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

On Sat, 28 Aug 2010 20:24:37 -0400, "Tim Conway"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:45 pm, BFD wrote:

[...]

Recognition and praise I got far too much of. I just enjoy making you
basement-living trolls feel even more dismal and pathetic about your
meaningless wasted lives.

LOL!

Old August 29th 10, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:29:32 -0400, Attila Jozsef

wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:45 pm, BFD wrote:

[...]

See the DSM-IV-TR for the definition of "Narcissistic Personality
Disorder".

Still playing at being a role-playing pretend psychotherapist on the net,
eh?

LOL!

Unfortunately it is incurable as the patients know for a fact
that they are smarter than any doctor...

Ah, but what happens if they ARE smarter than any doctor? Some of the most
stupid and ignorant people I have ever met in life are those with a
purchased Dr. or PhD. next to their names. Awarded by how clearly they can
parrot their equally ignorant "book knowledge ONLY" peers.

That snapshot of your Rube Goldberg "invention" looks like you are
standing on the median strip of the New Jersey Turnpike somewhere south
of Newark.

Right. There's tons of saw-grass and cabbage-palms there. The photo taken
at a hunter's-camp deep in the Everglades. It was our base-camp for 3
months that "winter".

LOL!

And about that "invention" -- just goes to ptrove that you have neither
the brains nor the money to afford a proper compound bow.

I've got a wonderful Bear® compound bow. Adjustable from 60-90 lbs. pull.
It was along with us. The novelty of the "Arrow-Rocket" was just that.
Compact, lightweight, effective for the required task, and could stow-away
in any kayak float-bag for needed protein food-supplies ... in the
environment for its intended use. Not unlike how compact and superzoom
cameras also outweigh all the inherent deficiencies in DSLR designs 99% of
the time.

LOL!

It must be
horrible being you, knowing that of the entire population of the earth
_you_ are the only one with enough intelligence to have a conversation
with yourself.

It's absolutely DREADFUL! Far as I'm concerned, you could all drop off the
face of the earth this instant and it would only be a vast improvement to
the life on this planet. Imagine if you will, you having the IQ of
Einstein, while everyone else on earth were reduced to the
thought-processes of the lowest-functioning Downs' Syndrome sufferer. If
you can imagine that, you can now embrace just how dreadful it truly is.

For that matter I'm sure that when you go out and play in the playground
all the other little kids avoid you, so you are forced to play with
yourself.

Interesting, that your mind would so quickly and easy drift to "playing
with one's self". Interesting only in that it's par for the course with
cretinous basement-living TROLLS like you.

LOL!

Old August 29th 10, 06:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Superzooms Still Win

wrote:

On Aug 27, 5:45 pm, BFD wrote:

[...]

Interesting, that your mind would so quickly and easily drift to "playing

Old August 29th 10, 08:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_5_]

"LOL!" wrote in message

Suck on this photo that was taken while I was testing for arrow-point
penetration in cabbage-palms (in "winter", to stay on-topic) ...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4934802682_5079fdcb0a_z.jpg

Oh dear, are they your lily white hands?

Old August 29th 10, 08:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
LOL![_3_]

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:22:27 +1000, "N" wrote:

"LOL!" wrote in message
.. .

Suck on this photo that was taken while I was testing for arrow-point
penetration in cabbage-palms (in "winter", to stay on-topic) ...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4934802682_5079fdcb0a_z.jpg

Oh dear, are they your lily white hands?

Living primarly in the far north for most of the year causes that, for the
first month or two in warmer climes until a decent tan sets in. Now note
the lack of depressions in the forearms from the wrist-rocket. That's pure
muscle. Popeye, eat your heart out. I regularly haul 12ft. x 12"-16" dia.
logs on my shoulders for up to 1/4th mile for winter heating (the E/W
length of the land surrounding my more favorite home). 17 cords of wood per
winter is not uncommon there.

Isn't it time for you to go back and lick some more mold in the corner of
your mommy's basement?

LOL!

Old August 29th 10, 08:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
N[_5_]

"LOL!" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 17:22:27 +1000, "N" wrote:

"LOL!" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

For someone who claims to walk barefoot in snow, how come you're wearing a
long sleeved jumper with the sleeve pushed up?