Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

Old January 2nd 09, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
HEMI - Powered[_4_]

Default Need help in calculating digital camera's MP

added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

For a 46 in high definition TV (1920x1080 Panel resolution) -
1080p Full HD definition, the screen size of the TV is 40 in. x
23 in. ( 102 cm x 58 cm). How many MP digital camera that I need
to have JPG photos, so that I can watch clear, sharp, crisp JPG
photos on the TV? I must admit that I don't have much knowledge
about the pixels in digital cameras,etc. and how that translates
into the high definition TV. Therefore, I do need practical,
layman terms answers for info or links to specific discussion to
any websites. What about for the 52 in. TV, 56 in. TV, etc?. Is
there a chart available somewhere?. I recall a table showing how
MP is connected to photo print sizes (at the photo printing
stores). But this screen size is much larger than those listed -
perhaps more for poster sizes. Someone may ask on how close you
are watching the TV screen... and I am thinking about relatively
close range, say 5 ft distance. Thanks for the info!

Do you have acalulia or something? "mega pixels" means "millions of
pixels" which are in turn the area of a given imgage of W x H
pixels. So, if your TV can resolve 1920 x 1080, it must follow that
1920 x 1080 = 2,073600 total pixels, or about 2 MP. BTW, you CAN
display either larger or smaller on your TV and get a good picture
IF the system doing the display can do the reduction or enlargement
using interpolation rather than simple pixel resize. And, of
course, it sorta matters how good the digital images are in the
first place and what quality the TV really is.

--
Jerry, aka HP

"If you are out of work and hungry, eat an environmentalist" -
Florida billboard
Old January 2nd 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc
Rob Morley

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 08:54:53 -0800
Gaston Ryan Coake wrote:

And I think the proper word would be dyscalculia, anyway.

It is indeed, like the related conditions of dyslexia and dyspraxia.