If you could have any kind of camera (even non-existant ones) what would you choose?

Old July 30th 15, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default If you could have any kind of camera (even non-existant ones)what would you choose?

On 7/30/2015 9:58 AM, George Kerby wrote:

On 7/27/15 4:42 PM, in article , "PeterN"
wrote:

On 7/27/2015 9:41 AM, George Kerby wrote:

On 7/26/15 10:14 PM, in article
,
"Eric Stevens" wrote:

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:27:36 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

As for the 'image sensor' in my camera, a very critical part of the
imaging chain, it has been updated frequently since 1964- every time the
film manufacturers introduce a new film, I get an updated image sensor.

and one that is nowhere near as good digital sensors.

you're living in the past.

Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

be careful for what you ask for.

digital will smoke anything coming out of your 50 year old film camera.

It depends on the 50 year old camera.

Forget it. Nospam knows all - so he thinks...

It is not clear whether he is trying to convince us or himself.

His insecurity shows with each of his posts.

He is also quite anal in his replies. Notice how they are all timestamped at
the same time? He takes himself QUITE seriously, LOL!

He has to take himself seriously, few others do.

--
PeterN
Old August 2nd 15, 11:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Ken Hart says...
Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?
--
Alfred Molon

Old August 5th 15, 12:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 08/02/2015 06:21 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Ken Hart says...
Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?

With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film cameras.

--
Ken Hart

Old August 5th 15, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?

With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film cameras.

why?

digital is much better than film ever was.
Old August 5th 15, 10:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 08/05/2015 02:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?

With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film cameras.

why?

digital is much better than film ever was.

Again, let me know when you're ready to compare enlargements of your
photos against mine.

--
Ken Hart

Old August 6th 15, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/5/2015 2:30 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?

With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film cameras.

why?

Obviously, because he wants to.

digital is much better than film ever was.

Obviously, not for him.

--
PeterN
Old August 6th 15, 01:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Ken Hart wrote:

Ken Hart:
Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements
(Let's say 16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Alfred Molon:
Are you still using film cameras?

Ken Hart:
With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film
cameras.

nospam:
why?

digital is much better than film ever was.

Again, let me know when you're ready to compare enlargements of your
photos against mine.

What camera/film do you use?

--
Sandman
Old August 6th 15, 07:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Ken Hart
wrote:

Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements (Let's say
16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Are you still using film cameras?

With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film cameras.

why?

digital is much better than film ever was.

Again, let me know when you're ready to compare enlargements of your
photos against mine.

again, this has nothing to do with my photos or your photos or anyone
else's photos.

comparing photos of different subjects taken in different conditions by
different photographers is completely meaningless. there are *far* too
many variables.

the proper test is take two similar cameras, one film and one digital,
put them side by side and take photos at the same time of the same
subject using the same lenses and same settings and then compare.
anything else is a bogus comparison.

similar cameras would be something like a nikon f5 versus a nikon d810
because they are both full frame slrs. the lenses should also be the
same to eliminate yet another variable.

dissimilar cameras and therefore not a valid comparison would be
something like a 4x5 large format camera versus a cellphone camera.
any difference in results would be due to the huge difference in format
size, not film versus digital. it's the same as if you compared a 4x5
film camera with a kodak 110 instamatic film camera or a medium format
dslr with a cellphone camera.

compared to film, digital has higher resolution, less noise, wider
dynamic range, more accurate colour and is capable of significantly
higher iso. digital will win every single time, no matter what the
subject is or who the photographer is. this is something that can be
measured and has been measured.

to put it simply: anything you can do with film can be done better with
digital. end of story.

if someone likes the 'film look' (which is a vague and meaningless
term), they can add back whatever it is they like about film, whether
it's grain or velvia-like colours or whatever else.
Old August 6th 15, 08:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

On 08/06/2015 08:50 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article , Ken Hart wrote:

Ken Hart:
Let me know when you are ready to compare enlargements
(Let's say 16"x20" or more) of your photos against mine.

Alfred Molon:
Are you still using film cameras?

Ken Hart:
With the exception of eBay listings, I've always used film
cameras.

nospam:
why?

digital is much better than film ever was.

Again, let me know when you're ready to compare enlargements of your
photos against mine.

What camera/film do you use?

Film is usually color negative from a major manufacturer.

If I am shooting 35mm, the camera is a Canon FX with one of the Canon
FL-mount lenses.

If I am shooting medium format, the camera is either a Mamiya M645 or
Koni Omega Rapid M. The Koni is a rangefinder, so it's easier to use in
dim light and it has a larger neg: 6x7cm; but it is heavy and bulky. The
Mamiya is an SLR, considerably smaller and easier to handle, but the
viewfinder is not as bright and blacks out at exposure.

--
Ken Hart

Old August 6th 15, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Ken Hart wrote:

On 08/06/2015 08:50 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article , Ken Hart wrote:

Ken Hart:
[...]

Do you scan that, or do you work in a darkroom?
--
teleportation kills