Taylor Swift and photographers

Old June 29th 15, 10:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Taylor Swift and photographers

On 6/29/2015 4:52 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Tony Cooper wrote
(in ):

On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 10:25:06 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 29, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

On 6/29/2015 11:48 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Whisky-dave wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 26 June 2015 17:00:43 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
On Jun 26, 2015, Whisky-dave wrote
(in

):

For anyone that knows it it was the Brixton
academy early 90s the main band being New Model Army supported by

my
friends
band sunshot.

I didn't know you were into guns like the Remington New Model Army.
http://www.rockislandauction.com/photos/52/p_standard/AJK116-K-F2-H.jpg

crap gun mo wonder he changed careers to making electric shavers.

Actually for 1862 it was a pretty good gun, better, more durable, and

more
accurate than the cheaper competitor the Colt Army Model 1860.

...and Remington’s first diversification out of the firearms business
were
sewing machines and the typewriter. With that typewriter they gave us

the
QWERTY keyboard in 1873.

Ramiington Arms is not to be confused with the founder's cousin,
Frederick Remington.

Certainly not, you can’t shoot anybody with a painting or sculpture.

The Mohawk Valley being my old stomping grounds I am very familiar with the
Remington history and stuff related to it. The old Remington factory in
Ilion, NY was one of those places which was a landmark on my travels along
all of the valley roads from 5, 5S, to the NY ThruWay. There was a diner in
Ilion we used to hit for breakfast.

Is this just coincidence that talent runs in families?

No. However, the education provided by money from political, industrial and
entrepreneurial wealth to certain families helps.

Somewhat comparable to Louis Comfort Tiffany of Tiffany glass fame. He
was the son of Charles Lewis Tiffany of Tiffany and Company jewelers.
"Breakfast at Tiffany's" was not about stained glass.

It wasn’t about breakfast either.

To be fair I wasn’t thinking along the lines of the Tiffany family and
glass, which has little to do with Eliphalet Remington the gunsmith.
I was referring to the fact that Frederic, who was born in 1861 the year
Eliphalet died, was afforded a privileged education at Yale. which was a far
more exclusive school in the 19th century than it is today. His family wealth
gave him the freedom to engage in a career as an artist.

Simply because they weere cousins,doesen't mean there was a comingling
of family assets. Federic's father may have been wealthy in his own
right, but none of Eliphalet's money should never be assumed to be
payable to Frederic or his famiy.

--
PeterN
Old June 30th 15, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Jun 29, 2015, PeterN wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

That is correct. Frederick's father was not involved with E. Remington and
Sons, and while successful post Civil War in which he served as a colonel,
his branch of the family was not in the same league as Eliphalet’s branch
which had grown in economic stature to be of similar value to that of the
DuPont family. Both E. Remington and I. E. DuPont benefitted greatly from the
Mexican-American War and the Civil War, and the two companies have a working
relationship which is continuing to this day.

Note: The E. Remington family split and sold off both the arms business and
the typewriter company to become NY State gentry, and are now only loosely
linked to Remington Arms and Remington Rand (that is the manufacturer of the
electric razor).

After his father died of TB, and before he became successful as an artist,
Frederic lived off his inheritance and the assistance of his uncle. So rather
than having a silver spoon in his mouth at birth, his was a tad tarnished.

Savageduck