Photoshop CC 2015

Old June 17th 15, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

Default Photoshop CC 2015

On 6/17/2015 10:19 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

CC keeps telling me I have no Internet connection. Obviously the message
is in error.

if only it was true.

Another helpful and intelligent comment.

--
PeterN
Old June 17th 15, 04:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-06-17 14:18:24 +0000, PeterN said:

On 6/17/2015 12:28 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 15:26:57 +1200, Eric Stevens
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 13:01:40 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

With the installation of Photoshop CC 2015 all settings are imported
from CC 2014, and then that is deleted.
The one issue with this new installation is all plug-ins have to be
reinstalled, and extensions have to be reset.

You are lucky. I've been struggling for 48 hours trying to down load
and install the upgrades.

It started with CC announcing there was an upgrade and refusing to go
beyond 0% on download. Theen I got PS to 47% and it would go no
further. Then LR got to partial install and then 'waiting'. Later PS
did the same thing. After several tries I've got them both to "Update
failed" - "Download error. Press Retry to try again or contact
customer support (49)". If it's still the same tomorrow I'll try
customer support.

All other stuff via the Internet seems to be working correctly. I
suspect my download comes via Australia and they are currently
overwhelmed.

Same here with PS. It's not more friendly in Florida. Dunno if it's
the same error code, but I'm going straight to customer service
tomorrow.

LR seems to have automatically upgraded, though.

CC keeps telling me I have no Internet connection. Obviously the
message is in error.

Quit and reopen CC. Before I did that CC just froze and locked up,
afterwards the download was quite quick.
Also, don't forget to close PS and LR before running the new installations.

Savageduck

Old June 17th 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I got it to work. AVG waas blocking.
Reinstalling the plugins is a time consuming PITA, especially Topaz.
Most of the plugins have separate serial numbers.

--
PeterN
Old June 17th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_7_]

wrote:

[...]

For me it was simple. (I don't have Topaz) I just dragged the plug-ins
from the defunct PS 2014 folder and dropped them into the new PS CC
2015 plug-in folder. Re-opened PS and all works as it should without
reentering serial numbers. That covers NIK, On1, Exposure 7, Intensify
Pro, and Tonality Pro

Savageduck

Old June 17th 15, 09:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I reinstalled NIK from its website,
(trial version,) but it functions as the regular version. That way I
have the latest version. On1 and DXO should not be a probem. I simply
install from the website.

--
PeterN
Old June 17th 15, 10:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Just tried your suggestion. All seems to work as expected. ;-)

--
PeterN
Old June 18th 15, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PAS

wrote:

[...]

I believe that this was the same solution when CS6 was released, at
least for Topaz.

I just finished a new "old" build on my desktop. I bought a new case,
processor, and cooling system. I used the same motherboard, RAM, video,
and add-in cards (two 5-port USB 3 cards). After a clean install of
Windows 8.1, I was experiencing problems. The system wouldn't sleep.
It would go to sleep and wake right up. The system wouldn't shut down
either. It would do a shut down and then immediately reboot. I found
the problem to be the two 5-port USB 3.0 cards or their drivers. I took
the cards out and he system works perfectly. It's strange because I was
using these with the same motherboard and version of Windows before.
Now that I've narrowed down the problem, I'll do an install of PS 2015
and see how it goes.

Old June 18th 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 11:54:31 -0400, "PAS"
wrote:

I just finished a new "old" build on my desktop. I bought a new case,
processor, and cooling system. I used the same motherboard, RAM, video,
and add-in cards (two 5-port USB 3 cards). After a clean install of
Windows 8.1, I was experiencing problems. The system wouldn't sleep.
It would go to sleep and wake right up. The system wouldn't shut down
either. It would do a shut down and then immediately reboot. I found
the problem to be the two 5-port USB 3.0 cards or their drivers. I took
the cards out and he system works perfectly. It's strange because I was
using these with the same motherboard and version of Windows before.
Now that I've narrowed down the problem, I'll do an install of PS 2015
and see how it goes.

If you Google "win 8.1 will not shut down", there is a fix that might
be relevant. There might also be setting in your bios regarding the
USB cards & their slots. I understand that you have things working,
but if you want to use those cards, there might be a way. Your problem
might also be an older motherboard, if that's what you have. I bring
this up only because I had the same problem after an upgrade, and
there is still a minor issue remaining.
Old June 18th 15, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

wrote:

[...]

Thanks Bill. The board is not new, I've had it for a few years. It
accommodates the new processor I bought, an AMD FX-8350. The board has
the latest BIOS.

It is strange since the cards worked fine in the other build in the same
motherboard. Technically, the only difference is a faster processor,
liquid cooling, and a new case. The old system was Windows 8 which was
upgraded to 8.1. The new system is a clean install of 8.1.

In the old system, I made no changes in the BIOS or power management
settings - everything worked. In the new build, not the case. Same
BIOS and settings and the Windows settings are "as is" after an install.
I tried everything to solve the problem before I knew it was the cards.
I disabled every USB device from being able to wake the system. I
disabled the LAN from being able to wake the system. I disabled the
Windows 8 "hybrid" shutdown feature. Nothing worked. Finally, last
night I took the cards out and the system worked fine. I took one card
and put it into each of the three available slots without connecting the
power supply to it and the problem reappeared. I did the same thing
with the power supply connected and the problem reappeared. I did the
same steps with the second identical card. Same problem. They worked
fine before the new build and a clean install of Windows 8.1, now they
don't. I'm going to replace one with a newer card and see how that goes
as I need some additional USB 3 ports. All three motherboard slots
cannot be bad, that is highly unlikely to be the case and if they were,
I don't think it would cause this problem because it would be as if no
card was inserted.

Old June 18th 15, 08:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Thu, 18 Jun 2015 14:07:12 -0400, "PAS"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The issues about shutdown/sleep, seemed to always mention a clean
install, so I still think it's related to a setting in 8.1 that is
automatically chosen by Windows. Regardless, a new card might be a
good thing to try, but I would first go to the card mrf's website to
look for updated drivers. I also Googled "usb 3 cards keep waking win
8.1 computer", and there are many hits, and there is probably a
solution somewhere in there. Finally, did you reboot your computer
after disabling hybrid sleep?