Photoshop CC 2015

Old June 22nd 15, 05:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photoshop CC 2015

In article , PAS
wrote:

I can build a high-powered desktop for less than the cost of a Mac,

not with the same specs, you can't.

an imac retina 5k starts at $2000.

dell's 5k display is $2000 for *just* the display. no computer
included. already, you're screwed.

you would then need to build a computer with *two* displayport video
cards since a single displayport can't support 5k displays yet and
then
you'd need get apps to deal with splitting the output properly.

Uh, no. I have no need for a retina display, that doesn't fit into the
equation.

yes it does.

but suit yourself. you can't match the specs of a mac pro for less
money using whatever displays you want.

the fact is that mac prices are competitive and you're ignoring the
value of your time. while you're building, others are using.
Old June 22nd 15, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/22/2015 11:46 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PAS
wrote:

LOL!!! We windows users get to build our own systems for less cost

I bought a 2007 iMac in early 2008 for a little over $2K.

In 2013 I sold it for just under $1k.

Now tell me what high end PC you can get or build at any price that
retains 1/3 or more of its value after 5 years?

That money for the sold iMac went to buy a new one of course ...

I can build a high-powered desktop for less than the cost of a Mac,

not with the same specs, you can't.

an imac retina 5k starts at $2000.

dell's 5k display is $2000 for *just* the display. no computer
included. already, you're screwed.

you would then need to build a computer with *two* displayport video
cards since a single displayport can't support 5k displays yet and then
you'd need get apps to deal with splitting the output properly.

it's
that simple. Resale value is not a concern of mine.

nor is the value of your time.

The amount of time you spend here, says a lot about the vlaue you place
on your time.

--
PeterN
Old June 23rd 15, 08:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

nor is the value of your time.

The amount of time you spend here, says a lot about the vlaue you place
on your time.

what does it say about your time?

and you are assuming that my time is *solely* usenet, when in realty
it's during dead time of other tasks.
Old June 23rd 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/23/2015 3:10 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

nor is the value of your time.

The amount of time you spend here, says a lot about the vlaue you place
on your time.

what does it say about your time?

and you are assuming that my time is *solely* usenet, when in realty
it's during dead time of other tasks.

Snappy answer. Did you leran that in grade school?

--
PeterN
Old June 23rd 15, 04:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Snappy answer. Did you leran that in grade school?

i learned how to spell in grade school.
Old June 23rd 15, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_7_]

On 2015-06-23 15:02:10 +0000, nospam said:

In article , PeterN
wrote:

Snappy answer. Did you leran that in grade school?

i learned how to spell in grade school.

However, using the shift key and using capitalization/upper case when
appropriate seems to be beyond you.

Savageduck

Old June 23rd 15, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/23/2015 11:02 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

Snappy answer. Did you leran that in grade school?

i learned how to spell in grade school.

Right on point, and more self-serving snipping.

--
PeterN