Wow! Dpreview getting really intolerant

Old June 23rd 15, 03:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Wow! Dpreview getting really intolerant

On 6/23/2015 3:30 AM, RichA wrote:
I got banned for 7 days for asking a question on the Sony FF forum. I kept reading that the focusing of the Sony A-series was slower than Nikon DSLR's, and Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless. Because the Sony's A's are cheap on the used market, I thought I'd try one out, but I couldn't find any real tests on the AF so I asked on the forum if it was true. Five minutes later I get message saying I was "flaming" the forum and temporarily banned. Ironically, another moderator there had been in an arguing match for 3 days with some guy who maintained that DPreview had irresponsibly slagged Canon saying in the public forum that they knew of numerous Canon DSLR buyers who were going to cancel their orders for the new 50mp Canon go with the new Sony A7RII.

I wonder why.

--
PeterN
Old June 23rd 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 6/23/2015 10:25 AM, PeterN wrote:
On 6/23/2015 3:30 AM, RichA wrote:
I got banned for 7 days for asking a question on the Sony FF forum. I
kept reading that the focusing of the Sony A-series was slower than
Nikon DSLR's, and Olympus and Panasonic mirrorless. Because the
Sony's A's are cheap on the used market, I thought I'd try one out,
but I couldn't find any real tests on the AF so I asked on the forum
if it was true. Five minutes later I get message saying I was
"flaming" the forum and temporarily banned. Ironically, another
moderator there had been in an arguing match for 3 days with some guy
who maintained that DPreview had irresponsibly slagged Canon saying in
the public forum that they knew of numerous Canon DSLR buyers who were
going to cancel their orders for the new 50mp Canon go with the new
Sony A7RII.

I wonder why.

DpReview's gain is our loss.

--
PeterN

Want a younger crowd in your camera club? Get rid of the old men and replace them with hip, intolerant women (PeteCresswell) Digital Photography 5 September 28th 13 05:38 AM
dpreview MG Digital Photography 15 December 29th 07 04:55 PM
dpreview Joe Pak Digital SLR Cameras 216 December 7th 06 06:34 PM
DPreview Marc Down Digital SLR Cameras 2 September 30th 06 12:42 PM
DPReview down? john Digital SLR Cameras 2 August 18th 05 04:32 PM