Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the eMachines T3256 media reader

Old December 14th 04, 02:24 PM

Default Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the eMachines T3256 media reader

Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the
eMachines T3256 media reader

I figured out what was wrong and thought I would pass the info along:
the problem isn't with the eMachines T3256, it's with the Canon CF
Flash Card (FC-32MH) that came with my Powershot A75. It works fine in
the camera, but can't be read by the CF slot in the T3256 media reader.
I bought a new PNY CF card, plugged it into the T3256 and it worked
fine.

Other search terms to help you find this msg:
3256 , incompatible , compatible , 8-in-1 Digital Media Manager ,
Compact Flash

Old December 14th 04, 02:49 PM
Randall Ainsworth

You might want to try a real computer. E-Machines are a piece of ****.
Old December 14th 04, 02:49 PM
Randall Ainsworth

Old December 14th 04, 11:57 PM
Dave Cohen

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message
In article .com,
wrote:

Canon CF Flash Card (FC-32MH) can't be read by the CF slot in the
eMachines T3256 media reader

You might want to try a real computer. E-Machines are a piece of ****.

As is the above comment.
Dave Cohen

Old March 3rd 05, 09:02 AM
obirobsan obirobsan is offline
Junior Member

As a follow-up to this post, I recently bought a Canon S70 and the 32 MB card (FC-32MH) does not read in either my HP 7-in-1 reader nor in my external reader (Datafab KECF-USBG). It does read ok in the camera, and in my HP IPAQ Pocket PC.

I wonder if there is some new CF standard that the old readers aren't abiding by - I tried downloading new drivers for both my devices and neither one had any effect. I do notice the Canon card claims to be "High Speed".

I ordered a couple of Lexar cards, we'll see if they read ok or not. 32MB isn't really enough to do anything with anyway -- I don't know why Canon puts those in a 7MP camera.