Funky IR Artefact

Old April 22nd 18, 10:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Funky IR Artefact

Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high ISO
settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...
--
teleportation kills

Old April 22nd 18, 11:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-22 09:40:26 +0000, android said:

Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high ISO
settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...

I've done a quick and dirty post preview so you can see where this kind
of files takes you. Since this one is broken I' ve put little effort in
it and just made some minor adjustments in Preview.app:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/u9sd82puvllgvjv/i180422%2311638.bw.jpg
--
teleportation kills

Old April 23rd 18, 06:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-22 18:53:51 +0000, RichA said:

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 05:40:30 UTC-4, android wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high
ISO settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...
--
teleportation kills

I tend to use a Leica viewfinder in the hotshoe, a wide angle lens set
to f/8 so proximity focus is easy. A mild IR filter (cutoff, around
800nm on a camera with its IR filter removed can easily be handheld in
daylight or even overcast, but a deep IR cutoff (1000+nm) means using a
tripod. A camera with the IR sensor filter in-place is a pain, cutting
out so much of the IR than any exposures with an IR filter over the
lens means seconds of time.

I've got a 760nm totally black filter, so there is an overlapping gap
between the high end of the visible spectrum and low end of the IR one
and that can be used at high ISOs sunny days. If you got steady hands,
there is another example from a few years ago in the gallery on my blog.

https://wp.me/P3strj-7Y

I've gotten it down to where I can convert an old Nikon D70 (the
easiest camera to convert) in 15 minutes.

I might just pull the the filter stack out of the EOS M eventually.
Can't be that difficult...
--
teleportation kills

Old April 23rd 18, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-23 10:33:47 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 10:40:30 UTC+1, android wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

looks like curtians blowing in the wind through a partially opened
window , and the bright bit is sunlight on a wall.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high
ISO settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...
--
teleportation kills

If it;s unconverted yuo;re not seeing much infra red if any. It;s just
the red end of the visible light your recording nothing else.

You are dead wrong yet again. The filter cuts of at 760nm, it's a
"black" filter you see and the frequencies below is pure IR:

"IR wavelengths extend from the nominal red edge of the visible
spectrum at 700 nanometers (frequency 430*THz), to 1*millimeter"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared
--
teleportation kills

Old April 23rd 18, 06:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 4/22/2018 5:40 AM, android wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high ISO
settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...

Did a quick and dirty post, (surface blur and increased fog a bit,) just
to get rid of most of the artifacts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97ubvg4wj71xn2d/i180422%2311638.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old April 23rd 18, 06:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 2018-04-22 18:53:51 +0000, RichA said:

On Sunday, 22 April 2018 05:40:30 UTC-4, androidÂ* wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high
ISO settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...
--
teleportation kills

I tend to use a Leica viewfinder in the hotshoe, a wide angle lens set
to f/8 so proximity focus is easy.Â* A mild IR filter (cutoff, around
800nm on a camera with its IR filter removed can easily be handheld in
daylight or even overcast, but a deep IR cutoff (1000+nm) means using
a tripod.Â* A camera with the IR sensor filter in-place is a pain,
cutting out so much of the IR than any exposures with an IR filter
over the lens means seconds of time.

I've got a 760nm totally black filter, so there is an overlapping gap
between the high end of the visible spectrum and low end of the IR one
and that can be used at high ISOs sunny days. If you got steady hands,
there is another example from a few years ago in the gallery on my blog.

https://wp.me/P3strj-7Y

I've gotten it down to where I can convert an old Nikon D70 (the
easiest camera to convert) in 15 minutes.

I might just pull the the filter stack out of the EOS M eventually.
Can't be that difficult...

You might lose autofocuse. The near IR light has a different wavelength.

--
PeterN
Old April 24th 18, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-24 09:04:39 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Yes probably why it's a little out of focus especailly at f2.
What artifacts did you remove ?, the coffee/tea pot was still there and
a couple of jars and a lamp shade and yuo changed the colour from
infra-RED to monochrome, unless it's red he won't believe it's
infra-red. ;-D

I posted the file to see if the artefact could be identified... You
don't know what IR is but would have if you had read the material that
I linked for you. :-ppp
--
teleportation kills

Old April 24th 18, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-22 18:53:51 +0000, RichA said:

[...]

On a mirrorless? Don't think soo...
--
teleportation kills

Old April 24th 18, 05:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-23 17:25:54 +0000, PeterN said:

On 4/22/2018 5:40 AM, android wrote:
Trée arty but... WTF is it???

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mjfnh2d0s1wulli/i180422%2311638.jpg

For the record: I used a IR filter on a unconverted EOS M with high ISO
settings. Hard to work without an OVF, witch I have...

Did a quick and dirty post, (surface blur and increased fog a bit,)
just to get rid of most of the artifacts.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97ubvg4wj71xn2d/i180422%2311638.jpg?dl=0

I did a q n d myself in a follow up to the OP. The file is broken so I
did not take it any further... The white streak to the left is that
what puzzles me. Do you know what it is?
--
teleportation kills

Old April 25th 18, 11:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-04-24 09:04:39 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

Yes probably why it's a little out of focus especailly at f2.
What artifacts did you remove ?, the coffee/tea pot was still there and
a couple of jars and a lamp shade and yuo changed the colour from
infra-RED to monochrome, unless it's red he won't believe it's
infra-red. ;-D

I posted the file to see if the artefact could be identified...

SO where exactly was this artifact in the picture ?

You don't see it? Read my reply to PeterN then...

You
don't know what IR is.

I do you don't.

You wouldn't emberass you family by posting crap like this if you did,
and had some common sense...