transfer picture to phone?

Old May 20th 09, 03:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_2_]

Default transfer picture to phone?

On 2009-05-20 07:07:40 -0700, Audrey said:

I have a Motorola RAZR 3 and want to transfer a couple of pictures to
it (they were not taken by it, and are on my hard drive). I thought I
did it, at least the transfer worked, but the phone showed a message
saying that the pictures were too big when I tried to open them. They
are saved as JPGs on my hard drive. I tried to save them as GIFs, but
that didn't work either.

I'm kind of inexperienced at this, just know the basics. Can someone
help me? TIA!

Audrey

First resize a copy (so you retain your original) of the picture file
to a file size and dimension size accepted by your phone.
JPG should be fine.

Once that is done use whatever transfer procedure is oulined in the
phone manual.

or
If you have a memory card in the phone you could mount that to your
computer and load the resized pictures to the card, they would them be
available for the phone.

or
If you have a USB tether cable to connect the phone to your computer,
the phone should appear on the computer desktop as a US drive, and you
can save th picture files to the phone.

Savageduck