Cheap 5.25 megapixel - Bargain?

Old September 22nd 04, 01:44 AM
BUB 209

Default Cheap 5.25 megapixel - Bargain?

At one of the new Tiger Direct outlet stores, I went for it - a brand new
gateway DC-T50 5+megapixel camera. Price, 149.00 out the door.
I read the manual while waiting for the battery to charge. Wow, lots of
settings. Tried it out on the Auto Capture setting and the pictures looked
fuzzier than on my old Kodak 2.2 megapixel. Is the megapixel rating a
bad way to judge how well a camera will perform? I'll give it another chance,
but have my doubts.
Old September 22nd 04, 02:40 AM
Marty H

"BUB 209" wrote in message
At one of the new Tiger Direct outlet stores, I went for it - a brand

new
gateway DC-T50 5+megapixel camera. Price, 149.00 out the door.
I read the manual while waiting for the battery to charge. Wow, lots of
settings. Tried it out on the Auto Capture setting and the pictures

looked
fuzzier than on my old Kodak 2.2 megapixel. Is the megapixel rating a
bad way to judge how well a camera will perform? I'll give it another

chance,
but have my doubts.

optics my friend ,optics

rather the old 2.1MP sony we have work than most of these superdoperMP
cheapy that are around these days.

take it back if you can, get you $$ back

mh

Old September 25th 04, 07:40 AM
andre

Marty H wrote:
"BUB 209" wrote in message

At one of the new Tiger Direct outlet stores, I went for it - a brand

new

gateway DC-T50 5+megapixel camera. Price, 149.00 out the door.
I read the manual while waiting for the battery to charge. Wow, lots of
settings. Tried it out on the Auto Capture setting and the pictures

looked

fuzzier than on my old Kodak 2.2 megapixel. Is the megapixel rating a
bad way to judge how well a camera will perform? I'll give it another

chance,

but have my doubts.

optics my friend ,optics

rather the old 2.1MP sony we have work than most of these superdoperMP
cheapy that are around these days.

take it back if you can, get you $$ back

mh

I agree optics is very important, especially in low light conditions or
indoors. Furthermore you prob. want a low pixel density (large sensor
for large MP number or less MP on same sensor size) in order to get low
noise.

Andre

--
http://www.aguntherphotography.com