[FB] d70 - first attempts

Old September 23rd 04, 06:26 AM
sid derra

"Jeremy Nixon" wrote in message
sid derra wrote:

angel:
- http://www.emolife.net/photos/displa...album=29&pos=0

I really like this one a lot. It's not often that you see an original
way to photograph a sculpture. This is a great shot.

(Not to say that the others were bad, but this is the one that got my
attention.)

--
Jeremy

thanks a lot for the nice words... i there is a picture of the same
sculpture from another angle in the gallery too - did you see that? what i
liked is how completely different the mood is, depending on the angle and
viewpoint.

rock on. sid.

Old September 24th 04, 01:18 AM
Bob

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:24:45 +0200, "sid derra"
wrote:

rails:
- http://www.emolife.net/photos/displa...album=27&pos=3

I saw this one - looks a bit too cluttered, too many subjects... not sure

of the
point of the photo.

(I take tons of railway pics - it's a hard subject!)

it was really just a snapshot of a view that i liked - i was thinking about
cropping it tighter - what do you think? thanks for te feedback.

sid

Ya I guess you have to find a theme with the photo... maybe you can capitalize
on the clutter!

Try cropping out the tracks and just use the poles and wires... sometimes I
expand a photo on my screen and pan around it looking for ideas...

Old September 24th 04, 02:07 AM
sid derra

wrote:

rails:
- http://www.emolife.net/photos/displa...album=27&pos=3

I saw this one - looks a bit too cluttered, too many subjects... not

sure
of the
point of the photo.

(I take tons of railway pics - it's a hard subject!)

it was really just a snapshot of a view that i liked - i was thinking

about
cropping it tighter - what do you think? thanks for te feedback.

sid

Ya I guess you have to find a theme with the photo... maybe you can

capitalize
on the clutter!

Try cropping out the tracks and just use the poles and wires... sometimes

expand a photo on my screen and pan around it looking for ideas...

i started doing that too a while ago - it really can become an exhausting
task though and itend to get caught up in various versions that all look
"kinda cool" - you know what i mean?

Old September 25th 04, 12:03 AM
Bob

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:07:44 +0200, "sid derra"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

yup! There is a pile of tracks that I keep photographing because I know there
is a great picture there... if I can find it... the camera doesn't see what I
see! someday....