iPhone X vs LG6

Old December 20th 18, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

Default iPhone X vs LG6

On 20/12/2018 15:44, philo wrote:
On 12/19/18 5:07 PM, Davoud wrote:
philo:

My LG6 seemed decent until my wife recently upgraded to an iPhone X.

For low light shooting hers is vastly superior...

I don't know anything about Android phones; I use an iPhone X. However,
a friend and I took photos of the same scene in poor lighting. His
Android produced a distinctly better photo (more accurate color, less
noise) than my iPhone.

One instance proves nothing, but the Android was a clear winner in that
instance.

I compared shots again and though I think her results were better than
mine, considering how dark it was in there...mine did a good enough job.

Photo by Keith Sergeant

Starry sky reflected in the Lancaster canal at Bilsborrow

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...&oe=5CA908 D6

--
David B.
Blog comments:- https://vxer.home.blog/2018/12/08/vx...file/#comments

Old December 24th 18, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 12/20/18 10:17 AM, David Taylor wrote:
On 20/12/2018 15:42, philo wrote:
[]
I did try another camera app.

Not much difference though. Thanks

I think, rather than spend money I'll just take my Nikon along if I
need to shoot* in low light.

I did say one which allowed longer exposures.* The Google Pixel 3
equivalent takes multiple ~0.5s exposures with OIS, then aligns and
combines them.

One of my earlest tests:
* https://www.satsignal.eu/2018-11-29%2003.24.30.jpg

and, no, I'm not claiming this replaces a bigger camera with a
wide-aperture lens!

Nice.

I have been experimenting with settings and my results are good enough
that I should be fine for a while
Old December 24th 18, 07:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 12/20/18 12:34 PM, David B. wrote:
On 20/12/2018 15:44, philo wrote:
On 12/19/18 5:07 PM, Davoud wrote:
philo:

My LG6 seemed decent until my wife recently upgraded to an iPhone X.

For low light shooting hers is vastly superior...

I don't know anything about Android phones; I use an iPhone X. However,
a friend and I took photos of the same scene in poor lighting. His
Android produced a distinctly better photo (more accurate color, less
noise) than my iPhone.

One instance proves nothing, but the Android was a clear winner in that
instance.

I compared shots again and though I think her results were better than
mine, considering how dark it was in there...mine did a good enough job.

Photo by Keith Sergeant

Starry sky reflected in the Lancaster canal at Bilsborrow

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...&oe=5CA908 D6

Nice,

and the other morning a got a very good shot of the moon.

iPhone Photos? RJH Digital Photography 8 December 20th 18 04:31 PM
iPhone addicts cut-back on their children's food to afford latest iPhone nospam Digital Photography 9 August 31st 16 05:12 AM
iphone crybaby sues Nikon (boo hoo! No iPhone support for D500 wifi!! Mark Storkamp[_2_] Digital Photography 15 June 25th 16 05:20 PM
iphone crybaby sues Nikon (boo hoo! No iPhone support for D500 wifi!! nospam Digital Photography 1 June 20th 16 02:31 PM
iphone crybaby sues Nikon (boo hoo! No iPhone support for D500 wifi!! Savageduck[_3_] Digital Photography 1 June 18th 16 04:57 AM