Nospam's Dead Body &c.

Old February 22nd 15, 07:18 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Nospam's Dead Body &c.

Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old February 22nd 15, 09:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 01:18:08 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

What has it even got to do with Apple deciding at lon last to repair
faulty graphics cards?

Eric Stevens
Old February 22nd 15, 04:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

| Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
| whining in that other thread!
| http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Funky webpage. I can't see the list and can't
figure out why. I do see that CVS is in the top 50,
though. Is that because they sell customer data
to drug companies, or because they have the
highest prices on most items? Target makes it
despite their unforgivable hacking vulnerability.
McDonalds? Do they get the nod for their amazing
success at selling gristle patties worldwide at a
profit? Do you really admire McDonalds?

By those standards I guess Apple does deserve
the award. They're probably near the top in terms
of offshoring profits to avoid taxes. They're near
the top on saving money by avoiding support of
their products. They're undoubtedly near the top
in the "clever exploitation of 3rd-world slave labor"
category. Their strategic hardware lockin is
probably unbeaten. And they win hands down in the
major corporate sleazeware category. (Every time a
friend of mine has to go to iTunes for an audio
download, he ends up with no less than 4 installed
Apple programs, all of which Apple takes the liberty
of adding to the list of programs that run at startup.
Which makes iTunes a sort of e-whorehouse of
PC infections.

Did I miss anything? Oh, yes. The constant patent
lawsuits for things like round corners and slide-to-
unlock. (Not that other companies are not also guilty
of that. But owners of Samsung hardware haven't
started a church based on Samsung products.)

If you want to see more about Apple's admirability,
see he

http://www.alternet.org/story/154043...k/?page=entire

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8B911120121210

I saw an article awhile back going into vast detail
about just how sordid Apple is, while still literally
worshipped by the AppleSeeds. (Sorry, I can't seem
to find it now.) It's a very odd scenario. I've often
wondered whether there's a lesson there about the
charm of psychopaths, who can appear to lack self
doubt due to their self absorption. And for insecure
people, lack of self doubt is the mark of a "winner".
Steve Jobs held an almost hypnotic charm for many
people who seemed to feel they could somehow share
in his perceived "cool" by buying Apple products.

In any case, you should know that non-AppleSeeds
are not Apple enviers. That's a common misconception
among the faithful. You're a religious zealot worshipping
a brand name so you assume other people must worship
other brand names. You assume Windows users are also
zealots. But that's not the case. Microsoft doesn't build
glass churches for their followers. Windows users would
never attend. Nor do Kleenex, PepsiCo, or Ford build
churches, for that matter. AppleSeeds are a unique group.
They're the only ones sucker enough to bring their money
to a retail church. Where I live the Apple church is one of
the most expensive pieces of real estate in the city, despite
being several times bigger than necessary for the actual
stock in the store. It's the liberal cash handed over by
devotees that makes that possible.
You think you've picked the winning team, but yours is
the only team in the bizarre compulsion of Jobsian
consumer product worship.

Old February 22nd 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

it was not done under pressure of anything. it would have happened
without any lawsuit (and has in the past).

What has it even got to do with Apple deciding at lon last to repair
faulty graphics cards?

they can't do much until amd fixes the faulty part.

at least you realized your earlier claim of it being due to the solder
was nonsense. it's the gpu chip (not a card, there are no cards
anymore).
Old February 22nd 15, 05:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
| whining in that other thread!
| http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Funky webpage. I can't see the list and can't
figure out why.

because you're using an outdated browser and/or have it configured to
not use javascript or other modern web technologies.

I do see that CVS is in the top 50,
though. Is that because they sell customer data
to drug companies, or because they have the
highest prices on most items? Target makes it
despite their unforgivable hacking vulnerability.

pay cash.

McDonalds? Do they get the nod for their amazing
success at selling gristle patties worldwide at a
profit? Do you really admire McDonalds?

mcdonalds is a successful company whether or not you like their food.

By those standards I guess Apple does deserve
the award. They're probably near the top in terms
of offshoring profits to avoid taxes.

they do no such thing.

apple pays taxes they are required to pay.

They're near
the top on saving money by avoiding support of
their products.

wrong. apple's support is consistently ranked as #1 by multiple sources.

They're undoubtedly near the top
in the "clever exploitation of 3rd-world slave labor"
category.

wrong. they're among the top companies for doing the most to *fix* that
problem.

Their strategic hardware lockin is
probably unbeaten.

what lock-in??

apple products use industry standard usb, firewire, vga, dvi, display
port, thunderbolt, wifi, ethernet, etc. you can use any *non-apple*
parts that meet any of those standards.

apple products support mp3, aac, mpeg, h.264, pdf, jpg, nearly all raw
formats, as well as other industry standard formats.

macs also come with apache, support kerberos, etc.

if anything, macs are the most standards compliant systems out there.

there are some apple-only technologies but those are optional.

And they win hands down in the
major corporate sleazeware category. (Every time a
friend of mine has to go to iTunes for an audio
download, he ends up with no less than 4 installed
Apple programs, all of which Apple takes the liberty
of adding to the list of programs that run at startup.
Which makes iTunes a sort of e-whorehouse of
PC infections.

bull****. now you're outright lying.

under no circumstances are apps installed when downloading a song.

where do people come up with this ****???

plus that doesn't even make sense. why would it need to install 4 or
more apps for every song downloaded??

Did I miss anything? Oh, yes. The constant patent
lawsuits for things like round corners and slide-to-
unlock. (Not that other companies are not also guilty
of that. But owners of Samsung hardware haven't
started a church based on Samsung products.)

apple gets sued more than they sue others and the patent for round
corners isn't what the headlines made it out to be.

samsung blatantly copied apple (as well as copied other companies).
this was blatantly obvious and the courts agreed. even samsung agreed
they did it, since in their appeal they only argued how *much* they
should pay, not that they didn't need to.

and there are samsung fanbois, despite your claims to the contrary.
every product has fanbois.

If you want to see more about Apple's admirability,
see he

http://www.alternet.org/story/154043..._business_prac
tices_are_even_worse_than_you_think/?page=entire

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...BRE8B911120121
210

both bull**** articles, especially the first.

[...]

nonsense. there are plenty of microsoft fanbois.

AppleSeeds are a unique group.
They're the only ones sucker enough to bring their money
to a retail church. Where I live the Apple church is one of
the most expensive pieces of real estate in the city, despite
being several times bigger than necessary for the actual
stock in the store. It's the liberal cash handed over by
devotees that makes that possible.

nonsense.

apple stores are generally in malls. every store in that mall is paying
the same rate.

and who are you to decide how big a store should be? apple stores are
usually *very* crowded, which means the store is actually too small.

Old February 22nd 15, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Davoud:
Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

Eric Stevens:
What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

It partially explains Apple-envy, which is the reason for this lengthy
off-topic thread.

What has it even got to do with Apple deciding at lon last to repair
faulty graphics cards?

What has that got to do with rec.photo.digital? *This* has to do with
RPD:

Old February 22nd 15, 10:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

It partially explains Apple-envy, which is the reason for this lengthy
off-topic thread.

It really isn't Apple-envy at all. Most people - including the ones
who post critical comments about Apple here - understand that Apple
makes quality products and are at the forefront of innovation. It's
rather expected that any company that sells as many products as Apple
does will have a few problems.

What turns these exchanges negative is nospam's almost-religious
fervor in defending Apple from any wrongdoing. The brown on his nose
extends to his ankles when Apple is brought up. He makes you want to
challenge him because of his "their **** doesn't stink" position.

i do no such thing. i criticize apple fairly often, but for actual
things they do wrong, not the made up bull**** from bashers.

If nospam would drop out of the group, the anti-Apple posts would
wither away and die. No one would really care that much.

no they wouldn't. the bashers would still bash.

I'm a Windows user, but I'd be just as happy as a Mac user. Mac just
didn't offer any benefits that offset the higher cost when I bought my
first Windows machine. They still don't.

there is no higher cost. that's a myth claimed by bashers.

macs cost about the same as equivalent systems and in many cases, cost
*less* than an equivalent windows system.

what always happens is people compare vastly different systems and
blame the price difference on the label, not the difference in specs.

try configuring a windows system to match the retina imac. can't be
done at anywhere close to its price and whatever you come up with won't
work as well because of the limitations of display port.
Old February 22nd 15, 11:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:35:37 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

it was not done under pressure of anything. it would have happened
without any lawsuit (and has in the past).

What has it even got to do with Apple deciding at lon last to repair
faulty graphics cards?

they can't do much until amd fixes the faulty part.

at least you realized your earlier claim of it being due to the solder
was nonsense. it's the gpu chip (not a card, there are no cards
anymore).

See
http://photos2.appleinsider.com/gallery/10154-2234-140812-AMD-l.png
and the article from which it comes
http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/08/12/apple-ignores-calls-to-fix-2011-macbook-pro-failures-as-problem-grows
or http://tinyurl.com/l7gbmo5

"Early-2011 MacBook Pro discrete AMD GPU."

This can clearly be soldered separately from the motherboard.

So can the separate sub-boards shown in
http://guide-images.ifixit.net/igi/QWKKPpAh4AHJm1bf.large
and
http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ifixit_13rmbp_logic_board.jpg
plus many others more.

To argue that it _can't_ be solder is nonsense.

Eric Stevens
Old February 22nd 15, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 11:58:31 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Davoud:
Here's something to cause heartburn for the Apple enviers who are
whining in that other thread!
http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/apple-1/

Astro and natu http://www.primordial-light.com.
Miscellany and nature macrophotography:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval.

Eric Stevens:
What on earth has any of this to do with an Apple repair program
undertaken under the pressure of a class action?

It partially explains Apple-envy, which is the reason for this lengthy
off-topic thread.

Eh? I put up a link to let people know that Apple may now come to the
party with a certain type of defect and you attribute that to Apple
envy. Blimey!

What has it even got to do with Apple deciding at lon last to repair
faulty graphics cards?

What has that got to do with rec.photo.digital? *This* has to do with
RPD:

No doubt there are many subscribers to RPD who process and view their
images with Macbook Pros. Possibly some of them are affected by the
repair program.

Old February 23rd 15, 08:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Andreas Skitsnack
wrote:

Davoud:
Davoud:

[...]

I'm one of those that does post most of the negative comments about Apple in
this group, and I've been a Mac user since 1984.

What turns these exchanges negative is nospam's almost-religious
fervor in defending Apple from any wrongdoing. The brown on his
nose extends to his ankles when Apple is brought up. He makes you
want to challenge him because of his "their **** doesn't stink"
position.

That doesn't follow, especially not in this thread. This thread is based on an
antagonizing post Eric made, where he posted a link to an article that is
clearly biased. Eric then made some incorrect conclusions about Apple being
"forced" to address a given problem due to a lawsuit, but that's not Apple's
"****", that's Eric's ****. Apple has *continually* fixed problems and has had
repair programs for a ****load of products of the years.

In short, Eric made a claim that he can't support - that Apple only fixes this
problem due to this lawsuit. And as we all know - one shouldn't make claims one
cannot support.

If nospam would drop out of the group, the anti-Apple posts would
wither away and die. No one would really care that much.

So, you're in effect saying that Eric posted an anti-Apple link just to
antagonize nospam? Well, we all know he did, but it's interesting to see one
troll call another troll a troll.

I'm a Windows user, but I'd be just as happy as a Mac user. Mac
just didn't offer any benefits that offset the higher cost when I
bought my first Windows machine. They still don't.

Ignorance is bliss

--
Sandman