Freaked out!

Old September 24th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

Default Freaked out!

I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

Old September 24th 07, 10:49 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Charlie Self

On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

One question: why the hell would you lend your camera out?

Old September 24th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
RichA

On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

Did the losers who borrowed it bother letting you know it wasn't
working?

Old September 24th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
pboud

RichA wrote:
On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

Did the losers who borrowed it bother letting you know it wasn't
working?

Could it be something as simple as a quick 'put away' in the bag moving
the aperture ring?

P.
Old September 24th 07, 06:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Pboud wrote:

Could it be something as simple as a quick 'put away' in the bag moving
the aperture ring?

Could be, but any lenses I have also have the apeture ring lock. Good idea to
use it on a D70 :-)

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

You will be advanced socially, without any special effort on your part.

Old September 25th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:49:02 -0000, Charlie Self wrote:

On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

One question: why the hell would you lend your camera out?

My nephew... usually a very with-it and trusted young man... he may want to buy
it from me... (hope, hope)

Also, I plan on upgrading the old D70 sometime... and I have an Alpha 100 to use
in the meantime... would like a D300...

Old September 25th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:40:43 -0700, RichA wrote:

On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

Did the losers who borrowed it bother letting you know it wasn't
working?

Actually, he never used that lens, he took the camera and only a 24mm to use.
Not sure how the Sigma got unlocked... maybe he unlocked it while looking at all
my lenses, played with the aperture ring, and didn't know it should remain
locked... and just put it back into the bag. And it could have been his cousin
as well, since he was there too...

Since he didn't take it with him, I failed to look at it when I put it on the
camera...

I don't really blame anyone - there was no damage - it just kind of scared me at
the time!

Old September 25th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Mon, 24 Sep 2007 16:51:15 GMT, Pboud wrote:

RichA wrote:
On Sep 23, 8:10 pm, wrote:
I lent my camera out for 3 weeks, got it back, but to my horror the camera and
Sigma zoom wasn't working! Nikon 70 just flashed an error code!

After a bit of checking with other lenses that worked, I decided to check the
aperture ring - it MUST be locked at F22...

That was it! Camera and lens OK! Some one must have been PLAYING with it!

Phew!!

Another thing - a Sony 4G memory Stick Duo Pro in a Sony Compact Flash adapter
works fine.. 1.1k pic's in jpg!

Did the losers who borrowed it bother letting you know it wasn't
working?

Could it be something as simple as a quick 'put away' in the bag moving
the aperture ring?

P.

No, it has quite a stiff lock on it...

Like I said, there was no mal intent here, just a scare!

Lesson to be learned - check EVERYTHING carefully before fainting!