thumbnails

Old January 28th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Redlocks

Default thumbnails

When I open folders that contain digital photos I am no
longer able to see thumbnails of the photos. Instead there is a Microsoft
Office photo manager logo on some files and an icon that looks like a roll
of film with the letters 'PS' on it on others. I must now manually select a
program with which to view my photos. How can I restore the settings so that
I can see thumbnails when I open the folders and just click on an
icon/thumbnail to
open rather than to be forced to select a program?

Thanks.

John

Old January 28th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joseph Meehan

Redlocks wrote:
When I open folders that contain digital photos I am no
longer able to see thumbnails of the photos. Instead there is a
Microsoft Office photo manager logo on some files and an icon that
looks like a roll of film with the letters 'PS' on it on others. I
must now manually select a program with which to view my photos. How
can I restore the settings so that I can see thumbnails when I open
the folders and just click on an icon/thumbnail to
open rather than to be forced to select a program?

Thanks.

John

As I recall a right click on the file will bring up a menu that you can
choose the program to open the file and you can choose to make that program
the default program to open the file.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Old January 28th 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dennis Pogson

Redlocks wrote:
When I open folders that contain digital photos I am no
longer able to see thumbnails of the photos. Instead there is a
Microsoft Office photo manager logo on some files and an icon that
looks like a roll of film with the letters 'PS' on it on others. I
must now manually select a program with which to view my photos. How
can I restore the settings so that I can see thumbnails when I open
the folders and just click on an icon/thumbnail to
open rather than to be forced to select a program?

Thanks.

John

Click on View/thumbnails

Old January 28th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Redlocks

I have done this however I still have the roll of film icon
with "PS" on it. I thought there was a way to set the defaults for image
files to provide thumbnails. I'm
running windows xp if that helps.

John

Click on View/thumbnails

Old January 28th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

Redlocks wrote:

I have done this however I still have the roll of film icon
with "PS" on it. I thought there was a way to set the defaults for image
files to provide thumbnails. I'm
running windows xp if that helps.

John

Click on View/thumbnails

as joseph has pointed out you probably need to select a new program to
open the files automatically. If it's doing it with more than one kind
of file then you'll need to do the same for all images.

click on a graphic file then right click. choose 'open with' but even
if the program is in the immediate list go to 'choose programme' and
choose the program from the resulting window, but make sure you tick
the 'always use this program blah blah' box before clicking okay. your
files should now open with your chosen program when you double click
them.

Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/
Old January 28th 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

Paul Heslop wrote:

Redlocks wrote:

I have done this however I still have the roll of film icon
with "PS" on it. I thought there was a way to set the defaults for image
files to provide thumbnails. I'm
running windows xp if that helps.

John

Click on View/thumbnails

as joseph has pointed out you probably need to select a new program to
open the files automatically. If it's doing it with more than one kind
of file then you'll need to do the same for all images.

click on a graphic file then right click. choose 'open with' but even
if the program is in the immediate list go to 'choose programme' and
choose the program from the resulting window, but make sure you tick
the 'always use this program blah blah' box before clicking okay. your
files should now open with your chosen program when you double click
them.

oops, I forgot, you might need to check that Office doesn't have a
setting in prefs to revert the files back to its format.