HDR rainforest

Old November 19th 17, 03:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default HDR rainforest

In article .com,
Savageduck says...
...and collecting your share of tropical parasitic infections. ;-)

Ponds are safe to swim in Malaysia. There is for instance no
schistosomiasis (but there is in Africa).
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 19th 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Mayayana says...
Very nice website. Such a beautiful job. It's all
clearly organized, easily navigable, lean, fast and
entirely functional. I don't see many such well
designed sites these days.

Thanks. It's plain HTML5 with almost no Javascript (the only Javascript
comes from the text Google ads and the thing on the search page).
Otherwise the idea is to keep the pages as simple as possible, to avoid
distracting from the images.
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 19th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

"Alfred Molon" wrote

| The foreground is indeed that bright. See for instance this non-HDR
| version of the image:
| http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20169

That looks normal to me. It feels much more realistic.
Maybe Bill's sense of "too bright" comes from the
oversaturated dead leaves. They look normal in this
picture. In the oversaturated version they're an
unearthly hue of luminous cinnamon. Perhaps some
might try to see that as real color and thereby
interpret it as excessive lighting.

Old November 19th 17, 03:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...

It might be interesting to compare the 0EV image with the final HDR.

Non-HDR versions of the image are available he
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20169
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20171

But the HDR managed to create those amazing greens.

snip

This might be an opportunity to try the HDR capability of On1 PR 2018. ;-)

It can merge to HDR multiple RAW images?
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 19th 17, 04:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 19, 2017, Alfred Molon wrote
(in . com):

In iganews.com,
Savageduck says...

It might be interesting to compare the 0EV image with the final HDR.

Non-HDR versions of the image are available he
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20169
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20171

But the HDR managed to create those amazing greens.

I was just curious with the comparison between the HDR and non-HDR captures.

snip

This might be an opportunity to try the HDR capability of On1 PR 2018. ;-)

It can merge to HDR multiple RAW images?

Yup!

In browse mode select the bracketted exposures, the on the right side select
HDR. Select options and adjustments in the window which opens. The saved HDR
then opens in the Develop module and you can adjust further both generally,
and locally.

This is a mediocre image, but it demonstrates the principle:
Here is some of the sequence:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/neeqccj1jmz38ve/AADc4s8MFB3vZbjzUmWbXCgHa

Savageduck

Old November 19th 17, 07:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article .com,
Savageduck says...
It can merge to HDR multiple RAW images?

Yup!

Is it better than Photomatix?
--
Alfred Molon

Old November 19th 17, 07:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/19/2017 12:46 AM, android wrote:

snip

Get a used calorimeter that works with this:

How does it know how much syrup I put on my ice cream?

--
PeterN
Old November 19th 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 15:36:56 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Bill W says...
Maybe a bit over-saturated, but you were there, not me. The only other
thing is that the foreground looks unnaturally bright, at least
compared to what I can see of the sky. It's like it's what you would
see if someone were lighting it.

The foreground is indeed that bright. See for instance this non-HDR
version of the image:
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20169

Well there you go... You were there, and I wasn't.
Old November 19th 17, 07:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/19/2017 9:40 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , PeterN says...
IMHO it is indeed a badly processed image. I suspect that the burning of
the highlights, and lack of shadow detail, are the result of either
shooting in low quality JPEG, and/or bad processing. The over saturation
and over-saturation and high luminescence of the green, are clues to
poor processing.

Ehhpp... this is an HDR done from five RAW images.

There were two choices.

--
PeterN
Old November 19th 17, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 15:38:36 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
says...
That's not much help. The question is what was the original green?

Hard to tell. Here are two non-HDR versions of the same scene:
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20169
http://myolympus.org/document.php?id=20171

Personally I think the greens of the HDR look cute.

You have to remember that in that sort of environment the light itself
can be green.

Eric Stevens