Nikon D70 Menu problem

Old November 11th 05, 09:28 PM
Bob Allison

Default Nikon D70 Menu problem

Last night I was experimenting with various menu items. Now when I take a
picture, the monitor has a box that displays the camera settings:

DEVELOPMENT
ISO
WHITE BAL
SIZE,QUALITY
SHARPNESS
TONE
COLOR,HUE
SATURATION

(Their caps, not mine)

This subscreen obscures the image and makes chimping impossible as well as
hiding the image.

What did I mistakenly change and how do I correct it?

--
AOL--Training wheels for the internet

Bob
in Carmel, CA
Old November 11th 05, 10:05 PM
Bob Allison

In article ,
"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote:

See page 115/116 of the fine manual. Sounds like you enabled viewing Photo
Information.

Thanks Ed.

I went through the FM 3 times last night, but missed the pages.

There is Joy in Mudville tonight.

Old November 11th 05, 10:14 PM
larrylook

Perfect example of how the reply "did you try googling this you idiot"
misses the mark. Why sift through 20,000 google matches if a helpful person
here knows the answer right away? I think if the best someone can say is
"try doing a search" and nothing else they might want to keep quiet. I do
lots of googling, but newsgroups can be great too!

Old November 12th 05, 01:51 AM
Sheldon

"Bob Allison" wrote in message
"Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!)" wrote:

See page 115/116 of the fine manual. Sounds like you enabled viewing
Photo
Information.

Thanks Ed.

I went through the FM 3 times last night, but missed the pages.

There is Joy in Mudville tonight.

--
AOL--Training wheels for the internet

Bob
in Carmel, CA

Simple. Sounds like you haven't figured out that toggle switch on the back
of the camera. In play mode up and down moves from image to image. Left
and right brings up info on that image and cycles through different info.
Just keep pressing the toggle (left or right) till it removes the info. It
should stick until you change it again.

Old November 12th 05, 11:23 AM
Mike Warren

Sheldon wrote:
Simple. Sounds like you haven't figured out that toggle switch on
the back of the camera. In play mode up and down moves from image to
image. Left and right brings up info on that image and cycles
through different info.

Yes, and it's reversed on the D50. Why did Nikon do that? (rhetorical)
Even though I know about it, I *always* press the wrong button the
first time I pick up my wife's D50.

--
Mike Warren
My web gallery: http://web.aanet.com.au/miwa/mike

Old November 12th 05, 06:08 PM
sid derra

"Mike Warren" wrote in message
Sheldon wrote:
Simple. Sounds like you haven't figured out that toggle switch on
the back of the camera. In play mode up and down moves from image to
image. Left and right brings up info on that image and cycles
through different info.

Yes, and it's reversed on the D50. Why did Nikon do that? (rhetorical)
Even though I know about it, I *always* press the wrong button the
first time I pick up my wife's D50.

haha - my dad just got his d50 yesterday and i just wanted to bring up the
same issue... it really is beyond me why they did that. but then again - it
really doesnt matter either way ;-)

sid