Nikon D70 or D100?

Old February 18th 05, 09:40 PM
Owamanga

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:18:12 +0000, Graham
wrote:

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 21:06:55 GMT, Owamanga,
m wrote this:

Neatimage is indeed standalone, and not a PS plugin as I presumed. As
far as I can see, it's not available as a plugin.

The PS plugin is included in the standalone.

See, I'm wrong again. I think I need a weekend.

....hmmm, beer....

--
Owamanga!
Old February 19th 05, 07:37 AM
Michael Schnell

Thanks.

I finally found it in the Handbook:

Custom Setting 24: Anti-shock
Normally, the mirror is raised out of the way of
the CCD immediately before the shutter opens to
create an exposure. To minimize camera shake in
situations in which the least camera movement
can blur photographs (for example, microscope
photography), the exposure can be delayed until
after the vibrations created by the mirror being
raised have had a chance to subside.
Old February 19th 05, 07:42 AM
Michael Schnell

No Anti-shock mode in the D70 handbook, indeed.

I suppose they easily could add this with a software update.

The D100 handbook states it should be useful only in very special
occasions as with microscope photography. Did anybody really found an
occasion when the lack of "anti-shock" mirror mode damaged a picture ?

-Michael
Old February 19th 05, 07:43 AM
Michael Schnell

I can see the D70 and D100 at various ISOs + RAW vs JPEG are there.

Great hint ! thanks a lot !

-Michael
Old February 25th 05, 12:51 AM

Me, I think the D70 is just as "prosumer" as the D100 is, even if it
doesn't have mirror lockup. Build quality seems high on both, anyone
certainly has better built quality than the EOS300D (which I have).

I still think the price of the D100 is out of character with
reality--if not in comparision to the D70, certainly in comparision to
the Canon EOS 10D, which is actually a bit newer and in the same
"class" as the D100--and you can now get for $650-725 or so. Good
freaking luck finding a D100 that price, even as you can easily get a
10D for that price. Makes no sense at all.

LRH

Old February 25th 05, 02:31 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Me, I think the D70 is just as "prosumer" as the D100 is, even if it
doesn't have mirror lockup. Build quality seems high on both, anyone
certainly has better built quality than the EOS300D (which I have).

The lack of a vertical grip, and the lack of mirror lock-up, were
deliberate moves by Nikon to keep the D70 in the consumer class (above
the 300D to be sure), even though in many ways it's better than the
D100.

I still think the price of the D100 is out of character with
reality--if not in comparision to the D70, certainly in comparision

the Canon EOS 10D, which is actually a bit newer and in the same
"class" as the D100--and you can now get for $650-725 or so. Good
freaking luck finding a D100 that price, even as you can easily get a
10D for that price. Makes no sense at all.

The 10D was in very high volume production, the D100 was not. Prices
often don't reflect realities of the market. Nikon can't drop the
bottom out of D100 pricing until they have a replacement for it.

While Nikon got a late start in digital SLRs, the D2x shows that they
are getting their act together. They need to refresh the D70 and D100,
and come out with something to compete in the true-professional space
(the D2x is more "semi-pro."