Nikon D70 or D100 w/ Metz flash

Old October 22nd 04, 07:23 PM
pet

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:57:41 -0400, George wrote:

OK, I've played with the combo you requested a bit in preparation for this
evening. I could not find any combo of settings that would enable TTL (and
didn't believe this was possible anyway). Both "Automatic" (using the
SCA346/2AF
sensor to determine exposure) and "Manual" (virtually the same as just using
the PC
sync socket except for the $$ you spent to do so) work fine and as expected.
It appears that for any use of a non-Nikon external flash, the custom
functions
must be set to "manual" flash. It would be nice if the SCA module at least
transferred
aperture info to the flash...

Good luck,
George

FWIW--I have also used my D70 with my Bowens Prolite 100 studio flashes
and that works great. Of course, that is in manual flash mode and I use
manual
exposure mode and a flashmeter...it is actually quite a bit more convenient
than
it sounds.

Thanks. You have been a tremendous help.

"George" wrote in message
I may find out in the next day or so...I have the D70 and the 45CL4
w/SCA346/2AF and
might need that much portable light on Friday night. It would be limited
with either the D70,
D2H, or D2X in that Metz does not (at least yet) support iTTL. I think

it'd
work normally
(dTTL) with the older D100 though I have no way of testing that. If I do
use it and no one
else supplies an answer, I'll post back to this thread.

George

"pet" wrote in message
news
I am considering a Nikon D70 or D100.
Will my Metz 45CL4 work with either? Currently I use the SCA346/2AF
hotshoe adapter with my F4. Will this adapter work on either digital?

If
so, is the adapter fully functional or limited?

Danke.

Old October 22nd 04, 07:25 PM
pet

[...]

With any luck, maybe Metz will eventually have an adapter for the digital
Nikons. Thanks again.