Nikon D70 or D100?

Old October 24th 04, 04:21 AM
Andrew

Then why D100 still sells very well?

From what I've heard, people favor D70 over D100....

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

"Andrew" wrote in message
news:SvCed.1599$kE.208@trnddc03...
Looking at both of them, still can not decide. Should newer always the
better?
What you think? Thanks.

Newer is not always better, but the D70 is a better value than the D100.
Actually, the D70 is a D100 with a lighter body, but some of the menu
items
have been disabled and some of the buttons removed. There are hacks
available to reactivate the dead menu items, but they could void your
warranty.

Old October 24th 04, 08:30 PM
Nita

I have decided as soon as I can afford it I'm buying a D70 because
everything I've heard it sounds like the best camera for the $. In talking
to sales people at the camera I heard that the D100 is being discontinued
and a D200 will be coming out soon to replace it with a hefty price tag.
Has any one heard about this? Why would they discontinue the D100 if it is
all that?

Old October 25th 04, 03:00 AM
Peter Rongsted

"Gadgets" wrote:

D100 is a bit more solid and heavier, has a couple of extra high ISO (noise)
settings, custom curves etc. For most people's needs, I think you'd be
better off with a D70 and more money for a lens... D70 colour accuracy and
shutter lag beat the D100.

You can use custom curves with the D70 as well. But you need Nikon
Capture to load them to the camera.

Peter