[SI] Less than 2 weeks until Light is due!

Old November 18th 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bõwser

Default [SI] Less than 2 weeks until Light is due!

Please submit your photos for the current mandate "Light" on or before
November 30th! It's all he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

Please, no photos larger than 300K...

Old November 18th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

BÔwser wrote:
Please submit your photos for the current mandate "Light" on or before
November 30th! It's all he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

Please, no photos larger than 300K...

There was confusion in another thread about the rulz page location:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
(the old copy at aliasimages.com is outdated)

"At the beginning of a new round, volunteers suggest mandates and send
them to the moderator, who then exercises his supreme powers and chooses
a mandate."

So that means we should be submitting ideas for the next round?
Or we work it out after submitting this one I guess...
Old November 18th 08, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:25:03 -0500, BÔwser wrote:
: Please submit your photos for the current mandate "Light" on or before
: November 30th! It's all he
:
: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
:
: Please, no photos larger than 300K...

Patience, Böw! We've got our Plan B's pretty much in order, but we'll submit
nothing until we've seen the results of our Thanxgiving shoots! ;^)

Bob
Old November 18th 08, 11:29 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Bõwser

"Paul Furman" wrote in message
BÔwser wrote:
Please submit your photos for the current mandate "Light" on or before
November 30th! It's all he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

Please, no photos larger than 300K...

There was confusion in another thread about the rulz page location:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
(the old copy at aliasimages.com is outdated)

"At the beginning of a new round, volunteers suggest mandates and send
them to the moderator, who then exercises his supreme powers and chooses a
mandate."

So that means we should be submitting ideas for the next round?
Or we work it out after submitting this one I guess...

Yes, after this round is done, I'll ask for suggestions for the next
mandate. However, Rulz being what they are, please feel free to offer any
suggestions when you want.

Old November 18th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Paul Furman wrote:
BÔwser wrote:
Please submit your photos for the current mandate "Light" on or before
November 30th! It's all he

http://www.pbase.com/shootin

Please, no photos larger than 300K...

There was confusion in another thread about the rulz page location:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
(the old copy at aliasimages.com is outdated)

I've put in a re-director to the pbase v. of the rulz. Should have done
that when I turned over to Bowser but it slipped through the krakz.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.

Old November 21st 08, 03:14 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Robert Coe

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:29:37 -0500, BÔwser wrote:
:
: "Paul Furman" wrote in message
: ...
: BÔwser wrote:
[...]

As a practical matter, don't you always have to plan one mandate ahead? People
should be able to start working on the new mandate as soon as the pictures
from the expiring round are posted. (Note that I don't claim to actually do
that, but everyone should at least have the option of being more organized
than I am.)

Bob
Old November 21st 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

: BÔwser wrote:
[...]

how about: 'REPETITION'?
As in, pattern, rhythm...

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net

Old November 21st 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Robert Coe wrote:

As a practical matter, don't you always have to plan one mandate ahead? People
should be able to start working on the new mandate as soon as the pictures
from the expiring round are posted. (Note that I don't claim to actually do
that, but everyone should at least have the option of being more organized
than I am.)

I think with half or more of the SI shooters, the assignment is carried
out within 48 hours of the deadline. (80% of my shots are...)

I think it's time for a "Black and white" round. ('cause I have some
film and chemicals that are beyond date; might as well use them up).

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old November 21st 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Troy Piggins[_20_]

* Alan Browne wrote :
Robert Coe wrote:

As a practical matter, don't you always have to plan one
mandate ahead? People should be able to start working on the
new mandate as soon as the pictures from the expiring round
are posted. (Note that I don't claim to actually do that, but
everyone should at least have the option of being more
organized than I am.)

I think with half or more of the SI shooters, the assignment is
carried out within 48 hours of the deadline. (80% of my shots
are...)

I think it's time for a "Black and white" round. ('cause I
have some film and chemicals that are beyond date; might as
well use them up).

I like it. Another vote here for B&W.

--
Troy Piggins - I always appreciate critique
[SI] Shoot-In http://www.pbase.com/shootin
Old November 22nd 08, 12:53 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 16:53:14 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

Robert Coe wrote:

As a practical matter, don't you always have to plan one mandate ahead? People
should be able to start working on the new mandate as soon as the pictures
from the expiring round are posted. (Note that I don't claim to actually do
that, but everyone should at least have the option of being more organized
than I am.)

I think with half or more of the SI shooters, the assignment is carried
out within 48 hours of the deadline. (80% of my shots are...)

I think it's time for a "Black and white" round. ('cause I have some
film and chemicals that are beyond date; might as well use them up).

Hey, do something new, but also do "Butter Churns at Shaker". I tried
it, and it looks good with a little tweaking. That image is all
subject matter and composition. Color doesn't add, so it's a natural.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Two weeks! Pete D Digital SLR Cameras 42 November 7th 06 12:52 PM
TURN $6.00 INTO $6,000 IN 6 WEEKS OR LESS!!! [email protected] Digital Photography 0 September 11th 06 02:33 AM
Only had my camera 3 weeks ace Photographing Nature 2 March 26th 06 01:49 PM
This weeks funnies mikeyboy82 Film & Labs 0 January 23rd 06 09:30 PM
FS: Canon EF-s 17-85 IS USM (6 weeks old) Bob Mariotti Digital Photo Equipment For Sale 2 June 3rd 05 12:29 PM