Kodak T400CN & Rodinal 1:50

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 29th 17, 09:06 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Abandoned Trolley

Default Kodak T400CN & Rodinal 1:50

On 28/06/2015 23:23, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
In article ,
Matteo Prezioso wrote:
On Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at 11:45:27 AM UTC-5, Dennis Boone wrote:
I have just finished shooting a 120mm roll of Kodak T400CN (expired
2011, but we'll leave this to that,) and look forward to home
develop it with Agfa Rodinal. I still haven't finished my 1:50 batch,
hence wondering if anyone has tried those two, that is (once again)
Afga Rodinal (1:50) with Kodak T400CN. Basically, I am interested
in knowing what the (suggested) developing time is.

Um, TC400CN is a C-41 process film, isn't it?

De

Yes, I'm aware of that. And you can process with B&W chemicals any C-41
film you want, color and b&w. Hence my question.

Yes, but what you're trying to do is utterly stupid. Because the kind-
hearted don't _generally_ suggest that other people do utterly stupid
things, you are unlikely to get a "(suggested) developing time" from
someone who isn't just trying to **** with you.

If you want images from that film, process it as C-41.

I know this thread is a bit old, and you have probably sorted out the
film by now, but I would be interested to know the results.

The reason for me asking is that I was looking today at the "devchart"
at www.digitaltruth.com, and noticed that it lists developing times in
D76 (among others) for Ilford XP2 and Kodak BW400CN - which I thought
were both chromogenic films only suitable for C41 process.

Have I missed something ?

(I have about a dozen out of date T400CN in the bottom of my fridge as well)