World's Largest Sensor Dust Particle!

Old June 5th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Miller

Default World's Largest Sensor Dust Particle!

OK, I challenge anyone to show an image with a bigger, more distracting
hunk of crap on the sensor than this:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/galleries/index.php?display=travel%2Fcanadian_rockies_2007%2 Fdust_1.jpg

Of course, it might not be a dust spot after all. It might be final
proof that rods exist and like to fly over glaciers in Canada
(www.roswellrods.com), and over everything else that I shot that day . .
.. in the exact same position in the frame.

My guess is that it is a shaving of some sort from the internals of the
camera, but, for all I know, some camera gremlin decided to take a $%#^
on my sensor.

Luckily I shot a lot of landscapes with easy to replace sky.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com
Old June 5th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat

On Jun 5, 12:11 am, Eric Miller
wrote:
OK, I challenge anyone to show an image with a bigger, more distracting
hunk of crap on the sensor than this:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/galleries/index.php?display=travel%2Fcanadi...

Of course, it might not be a dust spot after all. It might be final
proof that rods exist and like to fly over glaciers in Canada
(www.roswellrods.com), and over everything else that I shot that day . .
. in the exact same position in the frame.

My guess is that it is a shaving of some sort from the internals of the
camera, but, for all I know, some camera gremlin decided to take a $%#^
on my sensor.

Luckily I shot a lot of landscapes with easy to replace sky.

Eric Millerwww.dyesscreek.com

Sure it isn't a UFO???

Old June 5th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DD-Diver

"Eric Miller" schreef in bericht
. ..

http://www.dyesscreek.com/galleries/...2Fcanadian_roc
kies_2007%2Fdust_1.jpg

Of course, it might not be a dust spot after all. It might be final
proof that rods exist and like to fly over glaciers in Canada
(www.roswellrods.com), and over everything else that I shot that day . .
. in the exact same position in the frame.

My guess is that it is a shaving of some sort from the internals of the
camera, but, for all I know, some camera gremlin decided to take a $%#^
on my sensor.

Luckily I shot a lot of landscapes with easy to replace sky.

Eric Miller
www.dyesscreek.com

Never seen a flying snake before?

Old June 5th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ben Miller

On Jun 4, 11:11 pm, Eric Miller
wrote:
OK, I challenge anyone to show an image with a bigger, more distracting
hunk of crap on the sensor than this:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/galleries/index.php?display=travel%2Fcanadi...

Of course, it might not be a dust spot after all. It might be final
proof that rods exist and like to fly over glaciers in Canada
(www.roswellrods.com), and over everything else that I shot that day . .
. in the exact same position in the frame.

My guess is that it is a shaving of some sort from the internals of the
camera, but, for all I know, some camera gremlin decided to take a $%#^
on my sensor.

Don't sell yourself short, Judge, the ones on screen left are no
slouches, either! You're right, I clicked the link before I
finished reading and thought it looked like a metal shaving.

Old June 5th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Harrington

"Eric Miller" wrote in message
. ..
OK, I challenge anyone to show an image with a bigger, more distracting
hunk of crap on the sensor than this:

http://www.dyesscreek.com/galleries/index.php?display=travel%2Fcanadian_rockies_2007%2 Fdust_1.jpg

Of course, it might not be a dust spot after all. It might be final proof
that rods exist and like to fly over glaciers in Canada
(www.roswellrods.com),

I agree with DD-Diver, it's a flying snake. Don't see so many of them
nowadays, but there you are.

and over everything else that I shot that day . . . in the exact same
position in the frame.

Flying snakes are very, very clever that way. They do it all the time.

Neil