Canon Eos 1 DS Mark 2 ??

Old July 5th 05, 07:08 PM
David Littlewood

In article , Darrell
writes

"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...
Darrell wrote:
"Scott W" wrote in message
oups.com...

Abheet Gidwani via PhotoKB.com wrote:
HI
I have been consedering buying the canon eos1ds mark 2 for a while.
was wondeing since this is a 16.7 megapixel camera what are the
chances
of
canon introducing a newer model maybe like an 18 or 20 megapixel in
the
next
4-6 months ??

Since the 1Ds Mark II has only been on the market for about half a year
I would be surprised if they replaced it in the next 4 to 6 months. The
other thing that is not clear is what all improvements that might make
on the next model, the number of pixels is only part of what make a
good camera. For example it would be very nice if they made a camera
with all the capabilities of the 1Ds Mark II but was not quite as huge,
or maybe add in a live preview mode, or image stabilization build it to
the camera. The points is that one should not just look at the number
of pixels as being what makes a good camera. My guess is we will see
Canon address some of this other issues in the next 1Ds model, and we
may or may not see an increase in the number of pixels.

Again the live preview, which isn't offered in any dSLR, and for a reason
too! It can't be done, I guess people really want a EVF like a gloried
Canon
Pro1

Sure it can be done, in fact Canon did it with a version of the 20D I
believe.

Sorry you are wrong. The 20Da has a focus assist live view only during
exposure. This is for astro photography which can have exposures in the
hours.

This seems to be true - though the Canon datasheet for the 20Da is not
entirely clear on this point.

The fact is, however, that it could be done quite easily for any DSLR if
the manufacturer wanted to do it, by slightly adapting the sensor
cleaning mode. It would be incredibly useful for macro work and
photomicrography, but unfortunately it seems that these activities do
not have enough "mass market" appeal to justify the extra few
dollars/pounds it would cost.

When I first saw the details of the 20Da, I thought it would be the
solution. Alas, it seems not.

David
--
David Littlewood
Old July 5th 05, 09:03 PM
\Abheet G via PhotoKB.com\

sure the pixels dont matter .. i only asked that question consedring that
they (canon)are quiet capable of doing so .. so instead of investing in
something in the next 4 months i wouls like to in the latest model ao that
all the bugs in the current one are taken care off.

Marek M. \ wrote:
Tony Polson napisal(a):
If 16.7 MP is enough for your photography, why would it matter if
Canon brought out a model with more pixels?

yeah... **** the pixes... they are not the real resolution!
pfff and what if Canon annouces a 2gigapixel camera.... geee forget
about it, buy an equipment which satisfy you - and go take pictures...
not talk on newsgroups about prophecies and pffff imgainations..

Old July 5th 05, 09:08 PM
\Abheet G via PhotoKB.com\

hassy with a slr ??

Skip M wrote:
HI
I have been consedering buying the canon eos1ds mark 2 for a while.

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]

thanks

Pretty strong, since Mamiya, Hasselblad and Pentax have already announced
22mp cameras with larger sensors than the Canon. I believe the Hassy has
been released, too, but I may be wrong on that.
Of course, they are a bit more expensive than the Canon, about $10,000US...

Old July 6th 05, 02:35 AM
Skip M

Nope, read the rest of the post, "larger sensors than the Canon."

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old July 6th 05, 10:23 AM
Tony Polson

\"Abheet G via PhotoKB.com\" wrote:

if any in the present model....

You can be assured ... there aren't any. If there were any, they
would have been corrected before now.

If this is the level of your product knowledge, perhaps you should
consider buying something cheaper.

Old July 7th 05, 09:52 AM
\Abheet Gidwani via PhotoKB.com\

the reason i havent bought it as yet is perhaps my product knowledge is a
lil weak ... so i asked.. thanks anyways.

Old July 7th 05, 12:33 PM
Tony Polson

\"Abheet Gidwani via PhotoKB.com\" wrote:

the reason i havent bought it as yet is perhaps my product knowledge is a
lil weak ... so i asked.. thanks anyways.

Perhaps you should start with a beginner's camera, such as the Canon
EOS 350D (Rebel RT) or Nikon D70, and work upwards from there.