Honeywell Pentax 1-degree Spotmeter

Old May 8th 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default Honeywell Pentax 1-degree Spotmeter

Honeywell Pentax 1-degree Spotmeter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7617656047&ssPage Name=STRK:MESE:IT

Ebay item #7617656047

Thanks for looking,

Old May 9th 06, 02:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

In article .com,
Spencer wrote:

Honeywell Pentax 1-degree Spotmeter

Always wanted one of those when I was doing B&W, but in the digital age
I really don't see much usefulness for it. I do think that analog
meters are much better than the digital ones though.
Old May 9th 06, 09:25 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote:

I think my spotmeter is a cheap clone of what David's described. The main
difficulty is deciding where to point it, and what allowances to make.

The book "The Confused Photographer's Guide to On-Camera Spotemetering" is a
very basic introduction that bangs the concept of zone exposure into your
head quite thoroughly. It sounds as though that's exactly what you need.
After that, "The Zone System for 35mm Photographers" is a good introduction
to the zone system. (You should, of course, read the Adams' books as well,
but those two will get you started.)

http://www.spotmetering.com/

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Old June 1st 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

David J. Littleboy schreef:

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote:

I think my spotmeter is a cheap clone of what David's described. The main
difficulty is deciding where to point it, and what allowances to make.

This is not a cheap clone but Honywell was the importer for Pentax in
the US and everything from Pentax was called Honywell.

Wim Buelens, Belgium

Old June 1st 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

wrote:
David J. Littleboy schreef:

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote:

I think my spotmeter is a cheap clone of what David's described. The
main
difficulty is deciding where to point it, and what allowances to make.

This is not a cheap clone but Honywell was the importer for Pentax in
the US and everything from Pentax was called Honywell.

There was a "cheap clone" of the Pentax. It was still around U$200 or so,
though. (Actually, I think there were two models of it, although both were
analog.)

By the way, there's a Spotmeter for Dummies book ("The Confused
Photographer's Guide to On-Camera Spotmetering") that's not at all bad. It
bangs the basic idea of spotmetering into your head 17 different ways. I
hesitate to recommend it here (since it's really basic), but if you really
don't have a clue as to what to do with a spotmeter, it's worth reading.
(It's claims to be about on-camera spotmeters, but it's perfectly applicable
to off-camera ones as well. I haven't read his Zone System book, though. )

It was the first photography book I read after a 25 year break from
photography, and was exactly the right thing. People recommend Peterson's
"Understanding Exposure" but it looks to me to be nothing other than a
pretty picture book unless you've read "The Confused Photographer's Guide
...." first.

http://www.spotmetering.com/

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan