The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

Old June 27th 15, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default The insatiable greed everywhere is stifling creativity and opportunity

On 6/27/2015 12:19 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jun 2015 00:03:16 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Your statement to "run the plate" would not turn up any meaningful
results.

nonsense. of course it will in the majority of cases. the fact that
there may be edge cases does not invalidate it.

Running the plate reveals the name of the owner of the vehicle.

no ****.

It does not reveal that person's political influence.

the name can.

"Can" is not at all the same as "will", and ticketing the wrong person
can cause a ****-load of problems for the officer in some cities.

A "political big
wig" can be anything from a campaign contributor to the next door
neighbor of a politician.

sure could. so what?

Why would you need to ask?

nosense is showing once more that he/she, is an expert at making
illogical arguments.

--
PeterN
Old August 2nd 15, 04:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/2/2015 8:22 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In article , says...

On 24/06/2015 15:32, PeterN wrote:
On 6/24/2015 12:33 AM, Savageduck wrote:

As have many cops, I am happy to report that last night a Village Court
Justice ruled that the cop who gave me a parking ticket was wrong. (I
admit it was not a hard case to win.) The ticket was for parking over a
line. The line was covered with snow and was not visible.

Years ago I got my colleague (who was driving) to stop in the main
street whilst I picked up a newspaper. A police traffic car slowed down
and shouted for him to move because parking was not allowed. When I got
back I said I could park there until 10:00h so called at the police
station and spoke to the same traffic policeman (not ordinary plod). He
had never read the signs which define the parking restriction so said he
would check. I rang later and got the same person, he admitted he was
wrong and I was right! Amazed me that a traffic police officer never
bothered to actual check what the restrictions were.

A year or so later a traffic warden banged on my window and told me to
move at virtually the same place. I wrote to complain and had a
personal apology from the Chief Inspector, the warden had been
reprimanded for the way he thumped my car and also I was again right
about parking restrictions.

I remember getting stopped by a cop one time. I asked him what I had
done. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He
said '45'. I pointed at the sign next to my car. It was a speed limit
sign. It said '45'. I asked why that was a problem. I could see steam
coming out of his ears but he sodded off in a huff.

If you;ve only gotten stopped once, you must drive like a little old
lady, or a wuss.

--
PeterN
Old August 2nd 15, 04:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I remember getting stopped by a cop one time. I asked him what I had
done. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He
said '45'. I pointed at the sign next to my car. It was a speed limit
sign. It said '45'. I asked why that was a problem. I could see steam
coming out of his ears but he sodded off in a huff.

If you;ve only gotten stopped once, you must drive like a little old
lady, or a wuss.

in other words, you disregard the rules of the road.
Old August 2nd 15, 04:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

On 2015-08-02 11:09, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I remember getting stopped by a cop one time. I asked him what I had
done. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He
said '45'. I pointed at the sign next to my car. It was a speed limit
sign. It said '45'. I asked why that was a problem. I could see steam
coming out of his ears but he sodded off in a huff.

If you;ve only gotten stopped once, you must drive like a little old
lady, or a wuss.

in other words, you disregard the rules of the road.

Rules are for guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

Old August 2nd 15, 04:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 8/2/2015 11:09 AM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I remember getting stopped by a cop one time. I asked him what I had
done. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He
said '45'. I pointed at the sign next to my car. It was a speed limit
sign. It said '45'. I asked why that was a problem. I could see steam
coming out of his ears but he sodded off in a huff.

If you;ve only gotten stopped once, you must drive like a little old
lady, or a wuss.

in other words, you disregard the rules of the road.

Please show me where I said that. What is your point, except to troll.

--
PeterN
Old August 2nd 15, 04:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I remember getting stopped by a cop one time. I asked him what I had
done. He said I was speeding. I asked him how fast I was going. He
said '45'. I pointed at the sign next to my car. It was a speed limit
sign. It said '45'. I asked why that was a problem. I could see steam
coming out of his ears but he sodded off in a huff.

If you;ve only gotten stopped once, you must drive like a little old
lady, or a wuss.

in other words, you disregard the rules of the road.

Please show me where I said that. What is your point, except to troll.

read what you wrote.