500 MEGAPIXEL PHOTO!!!

Old April 1st 05, 04:39 PM
Tom

Default 500 MEGAPIXEL PHOTO!!!

Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

www.haltadefinizione.com
Old April 1st 05, 04:58 PM
Scott W

Really neat. I noticed a satellite dish, seems a bit out of place.

Old April 1st 05, 05:55 PM
mike regish

Holy crap Batman! I gotta get me one of those cameras.

Any idea what the file size would be on something like that?

mike

om...

Old April 1st 05, 06:30 PM
Owamanga

On 1 Apr 2005 07:39:01 -0800, (Tom) wrote:

Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

www.haltadefinizione.com

Dammit, will *someone* please take a picture of South Beach or a
similar European destination with this technology.

Shots of old buildings are *boring*.

Okay, it's quite impressive...

--
Owamanga!
http://www.pbase.com/owamanga

Old April 1st 05, 06:48 PM
RSD99

Impressive ...

How about some details, such as what camera/lens, how the image was
produced, etcetera.

om...

Old April 1st 05, 06:58 PM
dylan

"RSD99" wrote in message
Impressive ...

How about some details, such as what camera/lens, how the image was
produced, etcetera.

"Tom" wrote in message
om...
Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

www.haltadefinizione.com

Doesn't this bit at the bottom of the picture give a clue....;o)

Macchina di ripresa: Kodak ® DCS SLR/n 13,5 Mil. Pixel

Ottica: Nikon ® ED AF NIKKOR 70-300 mm, 1,4 - 5,6 D
Distanza di ripresa: 300 metri
Focale di ripresa: 300 mm
Dimensione immagine digitale: 19250 x 26704 pixel
Numero di pixel dell'immagine: 514.052.000

i.e. It's stitched together..

Old April 1st 05, 07:33 PM
Frank ess

Owamanga wrote:
On 1 Apr 2005 07:39:01 -0800, (Tom) wrote:

Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

www.haltadefinizione.com

Dammit, will *someone* please take a picture of South Beach or a
similar European destination with this technology.

Shots of old buildings are *boring*.

Okay, it's quite impressive...

I think the last crop on this page is as close as you are likely to get.
http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery-Parasail.htm
Plenty of other choices in the gallery.

--
Frank ess

Old April 1st 05, 07:47 PM
Mxsmanic

Tom writes:

Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

Why? I've already seen gigapixel photos.

Old April 2nd 05, 01:09 AM
Roy

"Tom" wrote in message
om...
Please take a look to 500 Megapixel photo.

www.haltadefinizione.com

Wow or Wow or So what!

Why bother putting a reduced version of it on a Website. What is that
supposed to prove?

My Minolta Scanner can produce 232Mb files from any 35mm neg, but again, So
What!

It reminds me of a member joining our Camera Club around 1985. He was very
pleased with himself, and insisted on showing me dozens of photos, which he
had taken at 3200ASA. He was only interested in pushing the boundaries, and
had never even given any thought to the content of the pictures, and that
was very obvious - they were all exactly the same - apart from Aperture and
Shutter Speed settings - and they were extremely boring.

He thought they were wonderful, and could not uderstand why I only used
ASA100 Film.

I wonder if he has now gone digital, and is only interested in pixel count?

Roy G