Another try

Old November 9th 14, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

Default Another try

On 11/9/2014 11:26 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
Sometimes, when I can't find a complete subject of interest,
I'll go for part of it:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...11-05-38-L.jpg

Sometimes less is more. To my eye the lock and hinge are two separate
and interesting subjects.
You obviously think otherwise, but that's OK.

--
PeterN
Old November 10th 14, 02:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 11/9/2014 6:34 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 16:41:16 -0500, PeterN wrote:

On 11/9/2014 11:26 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
Sometimes, when I can't find a complete subject of interest,
I'll go for part of it:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...11-05-38-L.jpg

Sometimes less is more. To my eye the lock and hinge are two separate
and interesting subjects.
You obviously think otherwise, but that's OK.

The "hinge" is a metal corner piece on the trunk.

I understand. but regarding shooting the hinge you have to be flexible.
For example:
This morning I went out to shoot minimalistic images like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Bailey_Red%20Leaf%207853.jpg

But before I started my planned shooting, I saw this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Bailey_Owl_7821.jpg

--
PeterN
Old November 10th 14, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-11-10 02:10:42 +0000, PeterN said:

On 11/9/2014 6:34 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Sun, 09 Nov 2014 16:41:16 -0500, PeterN wrote:

On 11/9/2014 11:26 AM, Tony Cooper wrote:
Sometimes, when I can't find a complete subject of interest,
I'll go for part of it:

http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/Curren...11-05-38-L.jpg

Sometimes less is more. To my eye the lock and hinge are two separate
and interesting subjects.
You obviously think otherwise, but that's OK.

The "hinge" is a metal corner piece on the trunk.

I understand. but regarding shooting the hinge you have to be flexible.

As Tony has explained it was not a "hinge", but a "corner piece".

For example:
This morning I went out to shoot minimalistic images like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Bailey_Red%20Leaf%207853.jpg

But before I started my planned shooting, I saw this:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Bailey_Owl_7821.jpg

WTF do those two images have to do with one another?

That is other than using your standard technique of cropping an
isolated section from a larger total image capture.

Did you manage to get both images from a single frame, or was the owl a
target of opportunity cropped from an earlier capture before getting
into the fall foliage type shots?

BTW: Nice owl.

Savageduck

Old November 10th 14, 03:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_5_]

On 11/9/2014 10:21 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On 2014-11-10 02:10:42 +0000, PeterN said:

[...]

Thanks

Check the EXiF files. You will see the timing. The Owl was opportunity.
The only crop was to remove distracting backgrownds My only point was
that one often gets surprises when you look.

--
PeterN