Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

Old February 19th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

Default Where is Lloyd Erlick's Web site

On Feb 17, 5:45*pm, Steven Woody wrote:

On Feb 18, 7:10 am, wrote:

On Feb 15, 6:03 am, Steven Woody wrote:

Particularly, I want to find tech articles about single-tray
processing. *Thanks if you can give any clue. *woody

I'm quite familiar with Lloyd's single-tray method. I also
process single-tray. Lloyd saves chemistry from print to
next print while I use chemistry very dilute and only once.
No stop needed. The one-shot fresh fix does not become
loaded with carry forward developer or dissolved silver
complexes. Dan

Hi Dan, since Lloyd's web site does not work here for me,
would you like to introduce your method in full detail or
point me to a web page about that? *Thank you.

WELL - Lloyd is back.
I have been making comparisons twixt single-tray and
rotary tube processing; A tray, A tube. Solution volumes
can be very little using a tube but must be more using a
tray; for ease of handleing 1/4 to 1/3 liter of solution.
Some minimum amount of chemistry must be
supplied to fully develop and fix.
If I were to use Dektol I would start at a 1:5 dilution and
allow 31/2 minutes. That time is some what arbitrary. My
SOP is 0 - 4 - 8. At 0 minutes the paper is immersed.
At 4 the developer has been dumped and the fixer is
poured in. At 8 the paper is lifted, drained, then
placed in the hold/soak tray.
Papers vary in the amount of chemistry needed for
complete fixation. If using A. Thio. allow 10ml. If using
S. Thio. anhydrous try 4.8grams.
If you've tube processing experience you'r at least
half way there. Keep those very dilute soups stirred.
Pull the paper over upon itself stirring the solution.
The method is a big space saver and assures
fresh chemistry each session. Dan

Old February 19th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Steven Woody

On Feb 18, 7:10 am, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for Lloyd's reply. But I still can not reach his web site. You
forks are right, it's a DNS problem. Can anyone tell me the ip addr
of www.helloyd.com ( I'd better hope it's not a dynamic IP )?

Dan, you don't use stop bath, do you? Does that mean you use fixing
solution in a one-shot way? And, your fixing time seems shorter than
usual.

Regards,
Woody
Old February 19th 08, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
carbon based life form

http://www.heylloyd.com/toc.htm

spelling mistake...no "y"
cheers,
sam

Old February 19th 08, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
____

In article ,
Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote:

February 18, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

I'm still here!

Natalie had heart surgery in October, and
I've become a caregiver. When a surgeon says
'it's minor surgery ... she'll be home in
five to seven days' ... run. A ninety minute
procedure took six hours and five weeks
intensive care. But things are looking up and
Natalie's fierceness about ruling the roost
has reasserted itself. Now I get banished to
my own life from time to time.

I've been following posts in the ng
occasionally. It's a great diversion. I need
to go rescue my bottle of Glycin from the
fridge and get busy in the darkroom ...

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website: www.heylloyd.com
telephone: 416-686-0326
email:
________________________________

In general based on personal experience the patient that receives bypass
and or valve replacement ends up with a lot more stamina. I wish you
both well.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.
Old February 19th 08, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Rob Morley

In article 40a4dfa4-e1e3-4896-bb82-
, Steven Woody
says...
Thanks for Lloyd's reply. But I still can not reach his web site. You
forks are right, it's a DNS problem.

Are you sure it's not a political problem? Try using a HTTP proxy
server - one of these might work:
http://spy.pp.ru/

Can anyone tell me the ip addr
of www.helloyd.com ( I'd better hope it's not a dynamic IP )?

It resolves to premium12.geo.yahoo9.akadns.net [216.39.58.203] :-(
Old February 19th 08, 06:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart[_3_]

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
February 18, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

I'm still here!

Natalie had heart surgery in October, and
I've become a caregiver. When a surgeon says
'it's minor surgery ... she'll be home in
five to seven days' ... run. A ninety minute
procedure took six hours and five weeks
intensive care. But things are looking up and
Natalie's fierceness about ruling the roost
has reasserted itself. Now I get banished to
my own life from time to time.

Doctors! They should all have to spend time under their own care!
Best watches to the both of you.

Old February 19th 08, 12:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
[email protected]

On Feb 18, 6:27*pm, Steven Woody wrote:

Dan, you don't use stop bath, do you? *Does that mean you use fixing
solution in a one-shot way? And, your fixing time seems shorter than
usual. Regards, Woody-

No stop. Develop Fix. One-shot fix, very dilute. Four minutes
and that is using slow sodium thiosulfate. Dan

Old February 19th 08, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 00:27:26 -0500, "Ken
Hart" wrote:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message
.. .
February 18, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

I'm still here!

Natalie had heart surgery in October, and
I've become a caregiver. When a surgeon says
'it's minor surgery ... she'll be home in
five to seven days' ... run. A ninety minute
procedure took six hours and five weeks
intensive care. But things are looking up and
Natalie's fierceness about ruling the roost
has reasserted itself. Now I get banished to
my own life from time to time.

Doctors! They should all have to spend time under their own care!
Best watches to the both of you.

February 19, 2008, from Lloyd Erlick,

Thanks to all of you for your encouraging
words. I appreciate it very much.

The worst is definitely over and for the next
year or so it will be mainly a somewhat
pleasant effort at rehab of lost muscle and
flexibility. The surgeon is suggesting we
think about fixing the Mitral valve next (did
the Aortic valve in October). I can only say
.... yikes.

But I also have to say the doctors in our
experience here have been beyond first class.

Natalie had surgery at Toronto General
Hospital, in the Munk Cardiac Centre wing. I
want a world government that works on the
same lines as this organization. They look at
results and effectiveness; all I could see in
my many visits was a large team focused very
tightly on the same goal. Every person who
worked there was approachable and
informative. Natalie spent five weeks blotto,
flat on her back, tubes in and out (throat,
neck, arms) and a nurse was with her, eyes
on, every minute. Really unbelievable level
of consistent and sustained professionalism.
If they were hitting home runs, they'd
literally be in a league of their own.

These doctors would probably be happy, or at
least confident, spending time under their
own care.

I can't help making political remarks, so
forgive me...

Every aspect of care was directed by
physicians responsible for care. No decisions
had to be sought from non-medical overseers.
In our case, the surgeon found something
quite different from his expectation once he
had opened the chest. The situation was
vastly more complex, and expensive, than
expected, and all decisions were made on the
spot by the surgeon who was hands-on. No
bean-counters had input.

Some people disparage it as socialized
medicine. I find it preferable to socialized
weapon systems.

regards,
--le
________________________________

Old February 19th 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John[_12_]

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:26:19 -0500, Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire.
dot com wrote:

Some people disparage it as socialized
medicine. I find it preferable to socialized
weapon systems.

Yes but what would all the soldiers do ? And exactly how would John
McCain, Dubya , Father of Dubya and the rest appeal to the masses and
justify spending trillions of dollars that the US doesn't actually
have on wars that nobody needs? I mean, you really have to think these
things through Lloyd ! We can't be spedning monies on developing a
world-class health care system which will lead to people living longer
and more fulfilling lives !

Good to here the better half is doing better. Keep in touch ?

JD
Old February 19th 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

On 2/19/2008 7:26 AM Lloyd Erlick spake thus:

Natalie had surgery at Toronto General Hospital, in the Munk Cardiac
Centre wing. I want a world government that works on the same lines
as this organization. They look at results and effectiveness; all I
could see in my many visits was a large team focused very tightly on
the same goal. Every person who worked there was approachable and
informative. Natalie spent five weeks blotto, flat on her back, tubes
in and out (throat, neck, arms) and a nurse was with her, eyes on,
every minute. Really unbelievable level of consistent and sustained
professionalism. If they were hitting home runs, they'd literally be
in a league of their own.

So much for the cherished American mythology, fostered by the insurance
companies and other creators of our misguided "health care system", that
single-payer systems like the one you Canadians have deliver sub-par
medicine, and that there are long lines for anyone needing major
surgical procedures like the one you describe.