Setting Camera to Deliver Bitmap Pics

Old February 13th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mr. Smartypants

Default Setting Camera to Deliver Bitmap Pics

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

Old February 13th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None that I know of offhand, but some will do TIFF, if that will satisfy
your requirements?

--
Best regards,
John Navas
Old February 13th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ray Fischer

Mr. Smartypants wrote:
I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None. Why would you want that given that it's easy to convert from
JPEG to bitmap?

--
Ray Fischer

Old February 13th 08, 01:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Feb 12, 11:49*pm, "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote:
On Feb 12, 8:58*pm, John Navas wrote:

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None that I know of offhand, but some will do TIFF, if that will satisfy
your requirements?

BMP is better.

Most people would think TIFF is better, why do you need BMP?

Scott

Old February 13th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:49:21 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

On Feb 12, 8:58*pm, John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None that I know of offhand, but some will do TIFF, if that will satisfy
your requirements?

BMP is better.

What could possibly make BMP better? It's much less capable than TIFF:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_graphics_file_formats

Old February 13th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800, Mr. Smartypants wrote:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I go
about setting it for BMP?

Most likely, none. Only formats I've seen are jpeg, tiff, raw. Most
inexpensive P&S's only do jpeg. My Kodak P850 does jpeg, tiff, raw. It's
discontinued, but still available on the kodak online store - about $225.

Old February 13th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:49:21 -0800, Mr. Smartypants wrote:

On Feb 12, 8:58Â*pm, John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None that I know of offhand, but some will do TIFF, if that will
satisfy your requirements?

BMP is better.

Please excuse my ignorance, but 'better' for what?

Old February 13th 08, 03:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Navas[_2_]

On 13 Feb 2008 15:36:56 GMT, ray wrote in
:

On Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:49:21 -0800, Mr. Smartypants wrote:

On Feb 12, 8:58*pm, John Navas wrote:
On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:26:14 -0800 (PST), "Mr. Smartypants"
wrote in
:

I currently have a little Kodak C633 set for JPEG.

What cameras at $300 or less will deliver BMP pics to my PC and do I
go about setting it for BMP?

None that I know of offhand, but some will do TIFF, if that will
satisfy your requirements?

BMP is better.

Please excuse my ignorance, but 'better' for what?

This is looking more and more like a troll.