anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover from earth?

Old June 20th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

Default anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover from earth?

June 20, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

hq.nasa.gov.html

There are really beautiful pictures from the
moon.

My question: if all that hardware was just
left sitting out on the surfce of the moon
when they left, is it visible from here?

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website: www.heylloyd.com
telephone: 416-686-0326
email:
________________________________

Old June 21st 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Ken Hart

--

I did, but the lighting was pretty flat, and I couldn't get the fill-flash
right!

I used a Holga...

Old June 21st 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Ken Hart spake thus:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message

June 20, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

hq.nasa.gov.html

There are really beautiful pictures from the
moon.

My question: if all that hardware was just
left sitting out on the surfce of the moon
when they left, is it visible from here?

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

I did, but the lighting was pretty flat, and I couldn't get the fill-flash
right!

I used a Holga...

.... with the accessory super-tele 5000 mm mirror lens, I take it?

--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "****" is incapable of writing a good summary

- Matthew White, referring to Wikipedia on his WikiWatch site
(http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Old June 22nd 07, 05:24 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Peter

On Jun 20, 10:58 pm, Lloyd Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote:
June 20, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

hq.nasa.gov.html

There are really beautiful pictures from the
moon.

My question: if all that hardware was just
left sitting out on the surfce of the moon
when they left, is it visible from here?

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

regards,
--le
________________________________
Lloyd Erlick Portraits, Toronto.
website:www.heylloyd.com
telephone: 416-686-0326
email:
________________________________
--

With the Hubble, perhaps ... ?

Old June 22nd 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Dana Myers

David Nebenzahl wrote:
Ken Hart spake thus:

"Lloyd Erlick" Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote in message

June 20, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

hq.nasa.gov.html

There are really beautiful pictures from the
moon.

My question: if all that hardware was just
left sitting out on the surfce of the moon
when they left, is it visible from here?

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

I did, but the lighting was pretty flat, and I couldn't get the
fill-flash right!

I used a Holga...

... with the accessory super-tele 5000 mm mirror lens, I take it?

.... and the vintage image-stabilizer? (4 cubic yards of concrete with
a tripod-mount on top)
Old June 22nd 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Nicholas O. Lindan

Llyod asks:
Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

Google sez:
http://www.wonderquest.com/hubble.htm

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

Old June 22nd 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 18:30:35 GMT, "Nicholas
O. Lindan" wrote:

Llyod asks:
Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

Google sez:
http://www.wonderquest.com/hubble.htm

June 22, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

Yet they can resolve individual tiles on the
Shuttle with scopes on the ground. Subtending
is better at close range, eh? ...

regards,
--le

Old June 22nd 07, 09:36 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
laura halliday

On Jun 22, 11:30 am, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:
Llyod asks:

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

Google sez:http://www.wonderquest.com/hubble.htm

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Darkroom Automation: F-Stop Timers, Enlarging Metershttp://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com

I already knew the answer, but did the numbers anyway:
figure out what angle a meter-size object subtends at the
Moon's distance, figure out how big a telescope you would
need to resolve it. You have to ignore Earth's atmosphere.
On nights of good seeing I amuse myself by counting craters
on the floor of Plato, but those are still 1000 times the size
of Apollo lunar hardware.

Betelgeuse subtends a larger angle than a Lunar Rover
on the Moon. Go figure.

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

Old June 23rd 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
John Boy[_2_]

Does anyone photogaph the ol' Lunar Rover??

In fact NASA has photographed it since the original landing. They found
it up on blocks with the wheels stolen; proof that malicious alien life
exists on the moon - and on earth!
Old June 23rd 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Tim[_2_]

Lloyd Erlick wrote:

Yet they can resolve individual tiles on the
Shuttle with scopes on the ground. Subtending
is better at close range, eh? ...

regards,
--le

With the Shuttle at 320km altitude (same as the ISS), a tile seen from
the ground is approx 0.13 arc-seconds across.

The lunar rovers are more than a thousand times further away, and seen
from the Earth would be approx 0.002 arc-seconds across.

There's a nice explanation of what it would take to photograph the lunar
rovers are explained on this page:
http://calgary.rasc.ca/moonscope.htm

In short, "it would probably be just as expensive to build the required
telescope as it would cost to go there and take a picture with a normal
camera."

-Tim