Oh no! It doesn't look like an SLR!!!!!

Old February 27th 06, 04:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Default Oh no! It doesn't look like an SLR!!!!!

Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
too bad.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images

Old February 27th 06, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"RichA" wrote in news:1141013128.514760.40220
@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
too bad.

Reminds me of a rangefinder. WTF you're babbling about this time I've got
no idea.
Old February 27th 06, 05:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Actually it does but it will not be good enough, it will be noisy like other
live preview cmeras.

ups.com...

Old February 27th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
too bad.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images

What is your point, if any?

Old February 27th 06, 07:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

ups.com...
:
: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images
:
Beautiful, isn't it?
From my experiences with The FZ 20 and FZ30, along with the Fantastic E300s
we used during the Santa shoots I predict this camera will be the start of
real competition in consumer or "prosumer' DSLRs.

The Panasonics out performs many Canon DSLRs in some important areas as they
are now. Couple this with the way Olympus porri finder SLR system works and
the Leica lens... A near perfect combination. Panasonic are the developers
of many television video camera sensors which led to the fall of Sony as the
top dog in that area. Their Nmos sensor is yet to be judged but all it needs
to do is a little better on highlights than the CCD in the FZs to really
make a dent in Canon's market share. And what about the lens? This has got
to be the lens by which all others will be judged by.

Old February 27th 06, 07:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"Tropical Treat" wrote in message

"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
: too bad.
:
: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images
:
Beautiful, isn't it?
From my experiences with The FZ 20 and FZ30, along with the Fantastic
E300s
we used during the Santa shoots I predict this camera will be the start of
real competition in consumer or "prosumer' DSLRs.

The Panasonics out performs many Canon DSLRs in some important areas as
they
are now. Couple this with the way Olympus porri finder SLR system works
and
the Leica lens... A near perfect combination. Panasonic are the developers
of many television video camera sensors which led to the fall of Sony as
the
top dog in that area. Their Nmos sensor is yet to be judged but all it
needs
to do is a little better on highlights than the CCD in the FZs to really
make a dent in Canon's market share. And what about the lens? This has got
to be the lens by which all others will be judged by.

Douglas, stop now before you go blind!

Old February 27th 06, 08:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Pete D wrote:
Actually it does but it will not be good enough, it will be noisy like other
live preview cmeras.

hopefuly only at 400 ISO or higher. It's such a nice baby, anyway ...

B.
Old February 27th 06, 01:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

Pete D wrote:
"Tropical Treat" wrote in message
"RichA" wrote in message
ups.com...
: Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
: too bad.
:
: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images
:
Beautiful, isn't it?
From my experiences with The FZ 20 and FZ30, along with the Fantastic
E300s
we used during the Santa shoots I predict this camera will be the start of
real competition in consumer or "prosumer' DSLRs.

The Panasonics out performs many Canon DSLRs in some important areas as
they
are now. Couple this with the way Olympus porri finder SLR system works
and
the Leica lens... A near perfect combination. Panasonic are the developers
of many television video camera sensors which led to the fall of Sony as
the
top dog in that area. Their Nmos sensor is yet to be judged but all it
needs
to do is a little better on highlights than the CCD in the FZs to really
make a dent in Canon's market share. And what about the lens? This has got
to be the lens by which all others will be judged by.

Douglas, stop now before you go blind!

and thus you win "The Laugh of the Day Award" !!

Old February 27th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

"RichA" writes:

Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but thats
too bad.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images

No, it looks a bit like a Leica M-series. Strange coincidence, eh?

The referenced article doesn't actually seem to mention whether the
lens is interchangeable, which seems like a pretty big oversight!
Old February 27th 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
"RichA" writes:

Time marches on. Things evolve. Some people don't like it, but
thats too bad.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0602/06...cl1.asp#images

No, it looks a bit like a Leica M-series. Strange coincidence, eh?

The referenced article doesn't actually seem to mention whether the
lens is interchangeable, which seems like a pretty big oversight!

Second text paragraph reads:

"Having announced our entry to the digital SLR market in 2005, Panasonic
is pleased to update you on the development of the state-of-the-art Lumix
DMC-L1 - our first interchangeable-lens digital SLR camera, distinguished
from conventional digital SLRs by combining the operating feel of an
analogue camera with innovative features unique to digital cameras."

Does the camera use a mirror for reflex, or is the reflex electronic?

David