Will we always be able to buy film?

Old January 28th 04, 02:37 AM
Frank Pittel

Default Will we always be able to buy film?

jjs wrote:
: In article , Frank Pittel
: wrote:
:
: : Somebody will always pipe up with this "the reality is economics" bullsiht.
: : Just what good does it to to state the obvious? ... ah, rather like this
: : message is obvious.
:
: It's an accurate question to a question that gets asked a lot these
: days. Would
: you prefer an answer like "YES, YES, YES

: No. I just get tired of the morons who think that everything is answered
: with the cliche regarding demand-side economics. So it is true - so
: what? It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as
: counting your fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT' KNOW or just shut the
: fcuk up.

Are you telling me that you're a supply side evangelist. If you don't like the
truthfull answer to the question of "will we be able to buy film?" or "How much
longer will I be able to get film?" or any other question about the future of film
don't read them. The reality that you seem to have a problem with is that film
will be around for as long as there is a profit available from making it. It's
the long answer, it's the short answer and every length answer in between.

Even better before you get yourself worked up about the answer why don't you stop
reading the question.

-------------------

Old January 28th 04, 02:40 AM
Frank Pittel

What this has to do with the question is that there is a demand for black powder
muskets and there is a profit in making them. Therefore in true capitalist fashion
there is at least one company making them.

Dan Dunphy wrote:
: I don't unsderstand what this has to do with photography, but these
: are NOT original muskets. They are modern replicas, predominately sold
: to re-enactors.
: Taylors is a currently operating distributer, not a civil war vintage
: manufacturer.
: Dan

: On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 07:54:06 -0600, lid (Mark
: Cudworth) wrote:

: (Phil Glaser) writes:
:
: So how will it be to procure film in the next 10-20 years?
:
: If people are willing to buy it, film will always be sold. Black powder
: muskets are still available new, and they've been "obsolete" for over a
: century:
:
:
http://arms2armor.com/blkpwdr/longarms.htm
:
: That's right, Civil War muskets listed as "New in box." Film may not be
: available in your home town, but it will be available.

: Colorado Springs, CO
: My advice may be worth what you paid for it.

-------------------

Old January 28th 04, 03:58 AM
jjs

In article , Frank Pittel
wrote:

jjs wrote:

: No. I just get tired of the morons who think that everything is answered
: with the cliche regarding demand-side economics. So it is true - so
: what? It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as
: counting your fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT' KNOW or just shut the
: fcuk up.

Are you telling me that you're a supply side evangelist. If you don't like the
truthfull answer to the question of "will we be able to buy film?"

What I am saying is that your post was as important and newsworthy as
saying "Humans breathe air". So what? Tell us something that's new,
important, or say nothing. Who needs it? You? Then talk to yourself.
Old January 28th 04, 03:59 AM
jjs

In article , Frank Pittel
wrote:

What this has to do with the question is that there is a demand for

black powder
muskets and there is a profit in making them. Therefore in true

capitalist fashion
there is at least one company making them.

Oh just shut the fcuk up, Frank. You are embarassing the intelligent.
Old January 28th 04, 04:06 AM
jjs

Following my own posts: I'm out of here. It is clear that this 'place' is
another wasteland.

Things to do.
Old January 28th 04, 06:14 AM
Frank Pittel

jjs wrote:
: In article , Frank Pittel
: wrote:

: What this has to do with the question is that there is a demand for
: black powder
: muskets and there is a profit in making them. Therefore in true
: capitalist fashion
: there is at least one company making them.

: Oh just shut the fcuk up, Frank.

No chance

-------------------

Old January 28th 04, 06:26 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 1/27/2004 6:58 PM jjs spake thus:

In article , Frank Pittel
wrote:

jjs wrote:

: No. I just get tired of the morons who think that everything is answered
: with the cliche regarding demand-side economics. So it is true - so
: what? It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as
: counting your fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT' KNOW or just shut the
: fcuk up.

Are you telling me that you're a supply side evangelist. If you don't like the
truthfull answer to the question of "will we be able to buy film?"

What I am saying is that your post was as important and newsworthy as
saying "Humans breathe air". So what? Tell us something that's new,
important, or say nothing. Who needs it? You? Then talk to yourself.

Ice cream is yummy.

--
Focus: A very overrated feature.

- From Marcy Merrill's lexicon at Junk Store Cameras
(http://merrillphoto.com/JunkStoreCameras.htm)

Old January 28th 04, 06:27 AM
Gregory W Blank

In article ,
(jjs) wrote:

Following my own posts: I'm out of here. It is clear that this 'place' is
another wasteland.

Things to do.

I see an ugly pattern forming.
--
LF website
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank
Old January 28th 04, 07:00 AM
David Nebenzahl

On 1/27/2004 4:54 PM jjs spake thus:

In article , Frank Pittel
wrote:

: Somebody will always pipe up with this "the reality is economics" bullsiht.
: Just what good does it to to state the obvious? ... ah, rather like this
: message is obvious.

It's an accurate question to a question that gets asked a lot these

days. Would
you prefer an answer like "YES, YES, YES

No. I just get tired of the morons who think that everything is answered
with the cliche regarding demand-side economics. So it is true - so
what? It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as
counting your fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DONT' KNOW or just shut the
fcuk up.

Notice my shiny new NASTY sig? (Hope you don't mind my minor copy-editing.)

--
It's stupid, moronic and too fcuking obvious, as obvious as counting your
fingers, so TELL ME SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW or just shut the fcuk up.

- "jjs" in extremis on rec.photo.darkroom