The Whitney

Old September 10th 13, 09:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

Default The Whitney

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...69253920_n.jpg

B&W of some people in a special light room at the Whitney. The room has
now been decommissioned . I got there on the very last day possible!
Old September 17th 13, 11:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PhotoPhartz

philo* wrote in :

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...79953412032031
_1269253920_n.jpg

B&W of some people in a special light room at the Whitney. The room
has now been decommissioned . I got there on the very last day
possible!

What/where is "the Whitney".

I stayed at the Mt. Whitney Motel a few nights ago, in Lone Pine, as the
last night of my moto trip.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old September 17th 13, 11:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-09-17 15:04:26 -0700, PhotoPhartz said:

philo* wrote in :

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...79953412032031
_1269253920_n.jpg

B&W of some people in a special light room at the Whitney. The room
has now been decommissioned . I got there on the very last day
possible!

What/where is "the Whitney".

The Whitney is in NYC.
http://whitney.org/

I stayed at the Mt. Whitney Motel a few nights ago, in Lone Pine, as the
last night of my moto trip.

The last time I spent the night in Lone Pine was in 1993, and that was
at the then, somewhat seedy Best Western. My Eastern Sierra ramblings
since that trip have included stays at Lee Vining, Mammoth, Whitney
Portal, and across to Furnace Creek in Death Valley.

Now, where are the photos?

Savageduck

Old September 17th 13, 11:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PhotoPhartz

Savageduck wrote in

Now, where are the photos?

Been going through 'em. I've got to weedle it down to a few good ones.
I'll put some up once I've done it.

--

Pat

email: phartzATcoxDOTnet
Old September 18th 13, 06:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 09/17/2013 06:28 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 22:04:26 +0000 (UTC), PhotoPhartz
wrote:

philo wrote in :

https://sphotos-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/h...79953412032031
_1269253920_n.jpg

B&W of some people in a special light room at the Whitney. The room
has now been decommissioned . I got there on the very last day
possible!

What/where is "the Whitney".

I stayed at the Mt. Whitney Motel a few nights ago, in Lone Pine, as the
last night of my moto trip.

The Whitney is the Whitney Museum of American Art. It is located in
Manhattan on, I believe, the Upper Eastside. It's one of the "must
see" museums of NYC if you ever go there. Unlike the Metropolitan
Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Guggenheim, the
Whitney specializes in American artists.

Yep

http://whitney.org/

http://whitney.org/About/NewBuilding

I have been to NY many times but for some odd reason had missed the
Whitney before.

The Guggenheim was just plain scary due to the very poor security.
I saw someone almost knock over a statue with their backpack...and
people were taking flash photos of everything...the few guards there
seemed to ignore everything.

Old September 24th 13, 10:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

wrote:

Yep

http://whitney.org/

http://whitney.org/About/NewBuilding

I have been to NY many times but for some odd reason had missed the
Whitney before.

The Guggenheim was just plain scary due to the very poor security.
I saw someone almost knock over a statue with their backpack...and
people were taking flash photos of everything...the few guards there
seemed to ignore everything.

What ever happened to cries of "Google it"??