Best place to print out photos?

Old July 31st 07, 07:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Best place to print out photos?

If I want to get a 4x6 or 5x7 print, does it matter where I go? I
think my local drug store and grocery store have those photo kiosks.
I could also go to Walmart or Target or Ritz. Are they all the same
in terms of quality?

Old July 31st 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomm42

On Jul 31, 2:32 am, "
wrote:
If I want to get a 4x6 or 5x7 print, does it matter where I go? I
think my local drug store and grocery store have those photo kiosks.
I could also go to Walmart or Target or Ritz. Are they all the same
in terms of quality?

It all depends on the people maintaining andd running the equipment.
They all, even your most local drugstores I go to have competent
equipment, the question is do the managers keep it maintained and do
the operators care about the product they produce. For a while I used
a local pharmacy, because they produced nice 4x6 prints consistantly,
the manager was a frustrated photographer who kept his machine in top
condition, his best operator was a highschool senior who was going
into journalism, she left and the work went way down hill. The manager
left a couple of months later, hopefully to a better paying job, one
time proocessing after that I never went back. Someone told me to go
to the local WalMart, they had people on their staff who understand
photography, well one person, the manager did, if she did your work it
was fine, the rest of the staff you gave a direction the answer was
"what ever". I did most of my work with a small city pro lab, took
pride in their work, they understood there was 2 other pro labs in
their city and they had to treat the customers well. Much higher
prices, but excellent work.
I've moved and I'm now doing all my own printing, there is a local lab
for slides. It is not as cheap as the local box store processors but I
get the results I want, and it is less expensive than going to a pro
processing lab, which there isn't one in my area.

Tom

Old July 31st 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
plb49

On Jul 31, 2:32?am, "
wrote:
If I want to get a 4x6 or 5x7 print, does it matter where I go? I
think my local drug store and grocery store have those photo kiosks.
I could also go to Walmart or Target or Ritz. Are they all the same
in terms of quality?

I am very pleased with the prints from my local CVS.

Paul B.

Old July 31st 07, 11:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jim

wrote in message
ps.com...
If I want to get a 4x6 or 5x7 print, does it matter where I go? I
think my local drug store and grocery store have those photo kiosks.
I could also go to Walmart or Target or Ritz. Are they all the same
in terms of quality?

I just go upstairs and print them in whatever size I want on whatever paper
I choose on my Epson Photo 1280.
Jim