Newbie question: Is Jobo the way to go for large format negs?

Old August 4th 04, 04:21 PM
David Nebenzahl

Default Newbie question: Is Jobo the way to go for large format negs?

On 8/4/2004 6:17 AM Michael Scarpitti spake thus:

Marco Milazzo wrote in message
. ..

I want to do 4 X 5 and 8 X 10 Large negs. I don't have a darkroom with
running water, but I do have a (not completely dark) bathroom. I assume
I can load Jobo tanks in the dark and do all other processing in the
light -- correct?

Any advantages or disadvantages of Jobo over tray-development?

Is there a better way to go than Jobo?

TIA, Marco

Hangers are the best way to develop sheet film.

You obviously know nothing about this, Waffle Boy. Get your ass back over to
the Pretentious 35mm Leica Shooters department and stay there.

--
Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a
really easy way: stop participating in it.

- Noam Chomsky

Old August 4th 04, 04:26 PM
jjs

On 8/4/2004 6:17 AM Michael Scarpitti spake thus:

Hangers are the best way to develop sheet film.

Bull! The only way to do it right is to brush the developer over the
negative in motions timed to the beat of a leaky faucet. Under a Blue Moon.

Old August 4th 04, 06:59 PM
Ralf R. Radermacher

jjs wrote:

Yes, that's an important point. Specifically, the Expert Drum works only in
the CPP-2, CPA-2 and ATXL-2x00.

....as well as the ATL-1, -2, -2 plus, and -3.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de

Old August 4th 04, 07:55 PM
jjs

"Ralf R. Radermacher" wrote in message
jjs wrote:

Yes, that's an important point. Specifically, the Expert Drum works only

in
the CPP-2, CPA-2 and ATXL-2x00.

...as well as the ATL-1, -2, -2 plus, and -3.

Really? You might want to inform Jobo that their web site is wrong.

Old August 4th 04, 08:07 PM
Gregory Blank

jjs wrote:

Yes, that's an important point. Specifically, the Expert Drum works only

in
the CPP-2, CPA-2 and ATXL-2x00.

...as well as the ATL-1, -2, -2 plus, and -3.

Really? You might want to inform Jobo that their web site is wrong.

Ralf is correct, I have the CPP2 & The ATL-3, the expert drums
work for both processors,....in fact I got a 10 sheet expert drum
with the ATL-3 when it was given to me last summer.

So, maybe someone should Inform Jobo of the error if that is in fact
what their website says.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918