"Transcend" compact flash

Old August 22nd 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
bigfeet

Default "Transcend" compact flash

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

Thanks,

Matt

Old August 22nd 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Roger

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:12:40 -0700, bigfeet wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

Thanks,

Matt

Just bought a Transcend 120X 2GB and it seems to work OK although I
haven't had it for long.
I too am a little nervous about losing a bunch of photos due to a bad card
but I thought I'd by this one as an extra in case I run out of space in my
Extreme II 4GB.

Old August 22nd 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Little Green Eyed Dragon

In article in,
Roger wrote:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 18:12:40 -0700, bigfeet wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

Thanks,

Matt

Just bought a Transcend 120X 2GB and it seems to work OK although I
haven't had it for long.
I too am a little nervous about losing a bunch of photos due to a bad card
but I thought I'd by this one as an extra in case I run out of space in my
Extreme II 4GB.

IIRC Transcend provides downloadable recovery software.

--
Would thou choose to meet a rat eating dragon, or
a dragon, eating rat? The answer of: I am somewhere
Old August 22nd 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Little Green Eyed Dragon

In article .com,
"bigfeet" wrote:

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

Thanks,

Matt

I have two Lexar cards, I have a PNY card I see little difference
in write speed or anything else. Its like buying S*ell Gas, costs a lot
more,....but you can still run on other types.

The best insurance is have multiple cards and don't put all of one
scene on any one card if its that important.

A lot of the same common sense practices used formerly with film should
carry over to digital.

Old August 22nd 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mark B.

"bigfeet" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

Thanks,

Matt

I have Transcend CF cards and SD card, never had a problem.

Mark

Old August 23rd 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
bitwisebob

On 21 Aug 2006 18:12:40 -0700, "bigfeet" wrote:

Transcend ??

I have a 4 gb SD card by Transcend, works great, glad I bought it.
Still waiting for the rebate, but did get an email confirmation that
it's in the works. Working great in my Canon S3 IS.

---
Bob Anderson*Bitwisebob
Eugene Oregon
Old August 23rd 06, 05:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike Jacoubowsky

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? It is marked as being
80x but is substantially cheaper than comparible, better known, brands.
I am thinking of purchasing a 4Gb card.

I've been using Transcend cards for three seasons, er, I mean years (I
travel to France each summer to watch & shoot the Tour de France), and
they've worked flawlessly for me. Never an issue.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com