What's annoying ( UC)

Old January 17th 06, 10:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default What's annoying ( UC)

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

David Nebenzahl wrote:
One suggestion for something you might do to help make your case (and
clean up this newsgroup while you're at it): enough with the multiple
posts already!

You're the only poster I've seen who regularly does this; invariably,
there will be one UC post (usually a reply to another message), followed
by another, or sometimes 2 or 3, nearly identical messages. What's the
problem--don't you know how to edit posts before clicking "Send"? C'mon,
you can do better than that. From now on, how about trying to get it all
in there the first time? Other people seem to manage this fairly well.

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.

Old January 18th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

David Nebenzahl wrote:
One suggestion for something you might do to help make your case (and
clean up this newsgroup while you're at it): enough with the multiple
posts already!

You're the only poster I've seen who regularly does this; invariably,
there will be one UC post (usually a reply to another message), followed
by another, or sometimes 2 or 3, nearly identical messages. What's the
problem--don't you know how to edit posts before clicking "Send"? C'mon,
you can do better than that. From now on, how about trying to get it all
in there the first time? Other people seem to manage this fairly well.

--
The only reason corrupt Republicans rule the roost in Washington
is because the corrupt Democrats can't muster any viable opposition.

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
Google Groups to get to USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

Old January 18th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:46:56 -0800, UC wrote:

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

UC, posts from USENET cannot be deleted. Usenet messages are broadcasted
to hundreds of news servers. In fact this message shows up twice.

Old January 18th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
Google Groups to get to USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

Are you saying you post similar messages multiple times just in case you
delete one on your newsreader? Odd, and I don't see how that can happen on
Google.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk
Old January 18th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Peter Chant wrote:
If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
Google Groups to get to USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

Are you saying you post similar messages multiple times just in case you
delete one on your newsreader? Odd, and I don't see how that can happen on
Google.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk

No, I add a new one with changes and delete the old one.

Old January 18th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Mike spake thus:

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:46:56 -0800, UC wrote:

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I
use USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

UC, posts from USENET cannot be deleted. Usenet messages are broadcasted
to hundreds of news servers. In fact this message shows up twice.

Not quite true; posts *can* be deleted (only by their author). (Look in
your news/mail client's "Edit" menu; should be a "Delete" item.) But
this thing is, *it doesn't always work*. In UC's case, apparently,
hardly ever.

Old January 18th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC spake thus:

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I
use USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

Yes, but you see, *it doesn't work*. Don't you see that? Don't you see
all your multiple posts here? I do, and so does everyone else.

Not a good practice, anyhow; why don't you just post the one message you
intend to? You're trying to treat Usenet like Microsoft Word; it ain't
the same thing.

David Nebenzahl wrote:

One suggestion for something you might do to help make your case
(and clean up this newsgroup while you're at it): enough with the
multiple posts already!

You're the only poster I've seen who regularly does this;
invariably, there will be one UC post (usually a reply to another
message), followed by another, or sometimes 2 or 3, nearly
identical messages. What's the problem--don't you know how to edit
posts before clicking "Send"? C'mon, you can do better than that.
From now on, how about trying to get it all in there the first
time? Other people seem to manage this fairly well.

--
A: Top posting.
Q: What's the most annoying thing about Usenet?
Old January 18th 06, 01:31 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC wrote:

No, I add a new one with changes and delete the old one.

Hmm, perhaps Google is broken. You think you have posted one message, am I
correct, containing the line:

If I do that, I delete the previous posts within a minute or so. I use
Google Groups to get to USENET. It allows me to remove earlier posts.

This seems to show up only once on Google. In fact you have posted two
articles to USENET, with the following message-ids:

. com
.com

I agree, it appears on Google that you have superceeded the first post, but
it seems from this limited look that is only true on Google. It is worth
looking at the newsgroups using a newsreader, e.g. Thunderbird, to see what
I mean.

Does anyone know of something similar to Google that could be used as a
check?

Pete

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk