"Use your viewfinder to avoid annoying those in the audience"

Old March 17th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default "Use your viewfinder to avoid annoying those in the audience"

On 2011-03-17 15:41:04 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg
said:

Pablo wrote:
Outing Trolls is FUN! escribió:
most all

What does this mean? Serious question.

Probably "almost all", which is math speech for "an infinite
number is, but a finite (but possibly huge, like 'all humans' or
'all atoms in the universe') isn't".

-Wolfgang

Oh! You mean a finite mathematical answer such as "maybe"?

Savageduck

Old March 17th 11, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

On 3/16/2011 4:19 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:49:55 -0400, tony cooper
wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:31:47 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 5:50 PM, in article ,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:00:24 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 12:36 PM, in article
,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:09:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 15, 9:52 am, "Mr. wrote:
In , SMS

wrote:
Was at a concert last week at my kid's high school, and before it
started there were the usual requests to a) turn off your cell phones,
b) no flash photography, c) don't use LCDs on camcorders or cameras, use
the viewfinder.

As usual there were the annoying people in the audience recording the
entire performance with the LCD illuminated the whole time. I wonder if
the concertmaster even realized how few new P&S cameras and camcorders
even have a viewfinder any more.

I just shake my head when I see people using the LCD instead of the
viewfinder especially with DSLRs that have a live feed.

LCD's are only good for lining up difficult shots where the camera
can't be placed at the eye.

I dunno about that. There are many people who take better photographs
using "Live View" because they see the screen as the photograph. These
are people like my wife who don't take many photographs and aren't
really comfortable with a camera. If she uses my camera - which does
not have Live View - she cuts off heads and feet. She does well with
her P&S, though.

I think her problem with my camera is that she keeps both eyes open
and sees the scene with the eye not at the camera and thinks she's
getting it all.

Has she determined her dominant eye?

Whichever one she focusses on me when she says "Don't leave your
clothes on the floor".

G!

You do know how to do that, do you not?

The thumb at full elbow extension and focusing on a distant object and all?

Actually, I do. I used to skeet shoot. I'm left-handed and naturally
put the shotgun butt in my left shoulder. I couldn't hit squat. When
I found I am right-eye-dominant, I moved the butt to my right shoulder
and became fairly good.

I was surprised to find I wasn't good at skeet at first because I was
very good with an M-1 in the Army. However, I was forced to shoot
from the right shoulder there because one never argues with the range
sergeant. The M-1s were the old bolt action type when I was in, and -
being left handed - I'd reach my left hand across to throw the bolt.
As long as Sarge didn't see me do that, I was OK. He would look down
the line, though, and see if I had the rifle in my left shoulder.
I didn't know anything about eye dominance then.

In the days when I was in the army I discovered that while I
automatically put the rifle to my right shoulder, I sighted with my
left eye. Gave my instructor fits until he realised I was a better
than average shot.

Sounds familiar. I qualified as sharpshooter once I started sighting
with my left eye. They finally allowed me to fire my 45 lefty (long
story, but during my MP training I also played a lot of golf.)

--
Peter
Old March 18th 11, 12:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:31:47 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 5:50 PM, in article ,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:00:24 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 12:36 PM, in article
,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:09:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Mar 15, 9:52 am, "Mr. wrote:
In , SMS

wrote:
[...]

Expert, rifle & pistol. All right handed without eyeball issues.
(...and no golf.)

Savageduck

Old March 19th 11, 10:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN

wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 20:31:47 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 5:50 PM, in article
,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:00:24 -0500, George Kerby
wrote:

On 3/15/11 12:36 PM, in article
,
"tony wrote:

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:09:49 -0700 (PDT),

wrote:

On Mar 15, 9:52 am, "Mr. wrote:
In , SMS

wrote:
[...]

I'll take the golf.

I did have a problem when I commented that in the event of a war, based
on the assumption that the enemy riflemen were as good as us, my chances
of survival were better on the front lines, than as a civilian potential
victim of CBR warfare.

--
Peter
Old March 20th 11, 12:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Wolfgang Weisselberg

On 2011-03-17 15:41:04 -0700, Wolfgang Weisselberg

Probably "almost all", which is math speech for "an infinite
number is, but a finite (but possibly huge, like 'all humans' or
'all atoms in the universe') isn't".

Oh! You mean a finite mathematical answer such as "maybe"?

finite number. Sorry.

-Wolfgang